Chapter 20: Family Mysteries

Summary:

As Nyx and Ares wait for Phanes at the Inn, ZeNu and NuZe have given the family more information with the revelation that Phanes had visited the twins and given them instructions on what to do next. Zee and Nu are lost in their love and the race to create a barrier to protect Olympus, the Isles, and the two doorways closest to Keaa Kala. So much to do, so little time before they return to the mortal realm. Can they save their children, create the barrier and rejoin their family in time?

Nyx & Ares

Nyx watched Ares attempt to flee the Isles but knew that it was a worthless effort. Instead, she sat down and called for another glass of wine. The wine in the Isles where things dreams were made of.

The bottles, aged for thousands of years, had a lovely floral aftertaste. Being able to enjoy a bottle of wine was worth the trip. Too bad Ares decided to take the alternative.

Suddenly Ares landed in the chair beside her, and a glass of wine floated into his hand. Nyx realized her father was listening to her thoughts. She must be bleeding through the bond. She should have known better.

Ares looked at Nyx. No god was supposed to be able to take free will away from another god, but her father had subdued him and teleported him back to his point of origin. He wondered if Zeus knew just how powerful Phanes was.

If he was this powerful, he could only imagine how powerful Nyx and Nu were, and he didn't even want to think about his son and grandchildren.

All were born with the light, unique, and returned to serve. They were already more than but with all that has happened. They had been changed, so he had yet to learn what they would become.

When thinking about ZeNu and NuZe, his whole body vibrated with his need to protect his grandchildren, son, and his lifemate. What a difference a week makes. He had no idea he would love and care so much for his son's family. But now that they were here, he would defend them to the bitter end.

Nyx watched the changing expression on Ares's face and let him work through his thoughts. She had some of her own and believed both needed time for reflection.

When Nyx met her grandchildren or fetus grandchildren, wondering what she should call their status, everyone, including herself, was fascinated with them. The twins were not born yet but displayed and manifested powers like Nu did in the womb.

It took many gods to suppress Nu when he was developing. All the times they had to visit the Perdpiriyawong home to blind mortals from his antics was exhausting.

The godly parents took shifts to watch and wipe memories if necessary. But once Nu was three years old, he began to understand he was different. Under their godly parents' instruction, Nu settled more into his mortal life.

The only thing they could never control was his need to heal sick humans or injured animals, but he quickly learned this was not normal mortal behavior and did his healing in secret.

When he was five, they introduced him to his sister Aya, and she helped them educate and ground him. Nu didn't need their help any longer. He had his siblings to balance him.

The twins will be a handful, but it was customary for children of one so extraordinary as Nu. In comparison, Zee and Nu created bonds early, like the twins, but no one realized it until the bonds connected and worked as if they had been there for centuries and not hours.

The twins were bonding with everyone in Olympus. They had assumed it was part of Zee and Nu's destiny when it happened long ago and paid no mind until now. They were astonished when the dazzling golden strings for all the grandparents, fathers, and dragons were included in the blink of an eye. They did notice that the twins color-coded their bonds based on something they didn't know yet.