Chapter 19: To Catch a Primordial God

Summary:

Its a race against time to save Nu and the babies or will Zee lose it all? Their last hope is to find his grandfather Phanes, Nu's maternal grandfather, creator of the universe, a primordial god who loves to play games. Will being his favorite grandson hold sway with the god or will his petty rivalry with Zeus be the end for Nu in this lifetime? After a week of searching Ares and Nyx has no luck finding Phanes but a devious plan could bring him out of hiding. Will they survive the god's wrath or save the family who desperately needs his help?

Chapter Text

With only forty years left, everyone in Olympus was trying to find the answer before the meeting, but it was not going well. They must reschedule until Ares and Nyx return with news once they send them on their mission.

Zee was home caring for Nu, and Zeus had lost his temper more times than he could count. If no one could figure out his son's and two grandchildren's fate, heads would roll.

They were running out of time. In a few hours, the healers should again check on his son. Even though Nu could heal himself now, he was too weak to use his light, and no one wanted to take any more chances.

It was best to let him rest for half a day and then let him try to get out of bed. They were still unsure what his light had done to his son. Even Lóngshén was worried he had completed the conversion to dragon born for the family too soon.

The conversion usually was done over a thousand God years. Their son was converted fully in half that time. The grandchildren in the first days of existence. Even Zee showed signs of aggression that young dragons had when they had found their mate.

Zee's horde was already massive. Watching him become the dragon, Lóngshén knew Zee could be. He watched as he cared for his son as all dragons cared for their mates, warming his heart. The family will make a magnificent addition to The Thunder of Dragons.

Lóngshén was still worried. He could feel something different in himself and his newly dragon-sealed family and wondered if the conversion had been mutated by the supreme god light pushing into Nu at the time of the conversion.

"I am not worried about if my son can manage anything that may have happened. He is strong, stronger than people think. He is a dragon. He is a dragon born. I am worried about our grandchildren. What is worrisome is that they have a power we have never seen before. Have we ever had someone who projected their thoughts into pictures in our minds? I know of no god who can make waking projections. We only have the power to manipulate dreams," Lóngshén was becoming irritated by all the questions unanswered.

The dragon's long nail pulled a book off the shelf and scanned the information again before he looked back at Zeus. The gold symbol glowed as the information transferred from the book to the dragon's mind. Finding nothing, he grunted in irritation, and a puff of black smoke escaped his nostrils.

"I should mention that no god fetus has ever interacted with their parents before birth or anything else as they do. I could have sworn that when we were in the living room talking, something was listening. I felt their presence. Were they able to be in the room without us knowing? I might be worried for nothing. That is the old dragon in me coming out," his head bowed in defeat when the next book proved just as useless.

Zeus shook his head at the old dragon, letting him see his frustration through the bond. The dragon recoiled and screeched. After regaining his composure, the dragon nodded and returned to searching.

"I returned to the prophecy room and scanned all that pertained to Nu. From all said and unsaid, this was a possibility. It had to be a deep desire for Zee and Nu for this to be possible. They both must have had a deep yearning for children, and for them to have twins, they must have been divided on which one each wanted, so the universe gifted them both, and I am way off on my assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions. It will make an ass out of you every time. Then I lowered myself and visited Kronos on the Isles of the Blessed to find Nu's grandfather Phanes, the creator of the universe and humanity. I was so close, but each time he gave me the slip. Our centuries-old feud is alive and well. I need to send Nyx. She is one of Nu's mothers, after all," Zeus growled and continued to browse the scrolls he had littered on the table.