0「arrival」1

(I have learned my lesson. Wattpad is a bitch and will mix up the chapters randomly sometimes, so instead of having Japanese numbers, I will go back to using Arabic numbers. My apologies to anyone that got confused by this, I will do better. Now, without further adu, the story!)

"Alright, here you are," The landlord dropped the keys to the new apartment in his new mysterious tenant's hand, making sure to smile brightly even though the person unnerved him greatly. "Let me know if you ever need anything, okay kid?"

"Sure," Izak replied. After a moment of silence, the landlord walked away awkwardly, leaving Izak alone. The boy of no older than 16 glanced down at his hand with the keys in it, regarding it curiously. It always sort of bugged him that the atoms just stayed put and didn't go through each other like those in the air, but he was not in the mood to mess with the molecules right then. Plus, he doubted he could put the atoms back together to be the exact key again, so it was probably better to let it be anyway.

Walking up the stairs to the door, Izak inserted the key into the keyhole and twisted, producing a click. When he tried to doorhandle, the door opened to allow the new resident inside. Right as he was going to take the first step, the boy's phone rang. Fishing around in his pocket for it, Izak answered and held the device up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Izak, it's Sawamura. We're headed your way, is everything okay?" The police chief asked. It was his day off, but that was the reason he had been entrusted to do this task.

"Everything is fine, I just opened the door. It looks nice, I guess," Izak's eyes ran over the parts of the apartment he could see, which was a hallway with a bunch of closed doors. It was supposedly fully furnished with everything he would need, from what he'd been told. Since he had been flown in just that morning, he was a bit jet lagged and was looking forward to a nap. That plan would have to wait a bit longer, though.

"Good, good, take some time and look around! We'll be there in about ten minutes," Sawamura informed him. "You should have a balcony in your room, or, well, one of the rooms. There should be three bedrooms so you can pick and choose which one you want."

"Okay," The boy agreed, and a second later cut the call, returning his phone to his pocket. Finally taking the step inside, Izak shut the door behind him before taking off his shoes and venturing further into the apartment. There was a coat closet right as he came in, not very spacious but it would do its job. Some of his jackets were already hanging in there, so his stuff was most likely already all arranged.

The next door on his left was to one of the three bedrooms. There was a twin sized bed, a desk, and a closet in the room. It looked about the size of his old room, maybe a bit bigger in Izak's opinion. Closing that door, he moved a few steps and opened the next one. Inside there was a washer and dryer stacked on top of each other, so it was the laundry room.

Turning so that his back was facing the door he had just opened, Izak found another door in front of him, so he slid it open. Another bedroom, he observed. It was a lot bigger than the one he had just come out of, considering there was a good-sized closet with a full-sized bed and a desk as well. Shutting that door, he moved forward and opened the last door in the hallway, which gave way to a kitchen and living room.

The living room had two couches, one with three cushions and the second with only two. There was also an ottoman, which Izak knew he would be using a lot. A flat screen was mounted on the wall above a bookcase full of books. It looked like a bunch of superhero stuff, Izak found when he looked closer at all of the stuff. He didn't have any books in his possession, so it must have been his handler's doing.

There was a table right off the kitchen, and there was a little play area right off of what Izak soon found to be the bathroom. That bathroom connected to the second bedroom he had seen, but had overlooked the door, as well as the living room. The last door Izak went through was to the master suite, which had a queen sized bed, a desk, and a good sized closet. What set it apart from the other bedrooms other than the bed size was the door to the balcony. There were a set of french doors in the living room to the balcony as well.

Izak found most of his stuff in the master bedroom, which he was probably going to move later. The first bedroom he had seen was more his style, but the trek to the bathroom from that room would be terrible. The boy didn't care enough to change his mind, though.

It was right then that the doorbell rang out, causing him to blink. Stroding over to the front door, he opened it without looking to see who it was. Sure enough, Sawamura stood there, smiling kindly. He was of normal build, but had a homey and warm aura that made Izak think of a father figure. That was probably why he got assigned to him, along with his position as chief.

Behind him was the person assigned to monitor Izak, Shota Aizawa. He had his eyes narrowed and his hands in his pockets, overall looking relaxed but ready to spring into action if need be. And then there was...

"Let me introduce you two," Sawamura squeezed the little girl's hand he was holding. "This is Mihoko, she's seven years old."

"Right," He glanced at her. Mihoko was a small thing with almost lifeless brown eyes and dark brown hair to match. If Izak looked closely, there were purple specks in her eyes, but instead of doing that, he squatted so that he was closer to her height and held out his hand. "My name is Izak Morgan, nice to meet you Mihoko."

"...you too," she murmured, shaking his hand hesitantly.

"Now that you've met, I'll leave you to settle in," The police chief produced the little girl's luggage, giving it to Izak.

"I'll be back later," Aizawa said, and just like that, the two were gone.

"Bye," was all the boy said in return. Turning his attention back to Mihoko, Izak stood up straight. "Shall we go inside?"