5「robots」8

(Wooooo another chapter!! Comment goal is 18! Good luck and happy reading~)

"I'm kind of scared about the practical," Midoriya admitted during lunch that day. He had invited Izak to eat with him that day, along with Todoroki, who was more than happy to join them. Uraraka, Iida and Asui also joined them at their table. "I have no idea what it's gonna be."

"Hard to believe they'd give us anything too crazy," Iida said with a quick bow to his food before beginning to dig in.

"The written exam questions will all be stuff from class, so I should at least be able to do those," Midoriya surmised as he too began to eat.

"Do you really think it's going to be that simple?" Uraraka looked like she had almost given up all hope.

"It's driving me nuts, I just wanna know what they'll have us doing," Midoriya looked up at the ceiling as he chewed his rice, then glanced at his trainer. "What do you think Izak?"

"It's a comprehensive test of everything we learned this year," Izak answered.

"Yep, and that's about all we could get Mister Aizawa to tell us," Asui confirmed.

"Okay," Uraraka murmured. "So then it'll cover combat training and rescue training, oh and basic training.."

"We can't just study," Midoriya added. "We have to stay in great physical shape--ack!" He was broken off as a certain someone from class 1B elbowed him right in the back of his head.

"Oh, sorry," He said sarcastically. "Your head's so big that it's hard to miss."

"You're from class 1B!" Midoriya blinked. "Um, Monoma, right? That really hurt--"

"I heard you guys stumbled across the hero killer," Monoma didn't let the greenette finish his sentence. "Just like in the sports festival, class 1A isn't happy unless they're the center of attention. But you do realize you're not in the spotlight because people think you're good heroes, right? It's just that you keep getting into so much trouble," He taunted. "Here's food for thought, someday the rest of us might get caught up in your mess, and then we'll all become unwitting victims as well! What kind of horrible villains will you bring down upon us? What demon--"

Kendo chopped him on the neck, letting the dude slump to the ground while making sure to save his food tray. "That's not funny, Monoma," She scolded. "You heard what happened to Iida, chill out."

"Kendo," Iida's eyebrows shot up.

"I apologize for him," She smiled. "I'm pretty sure there's a hole where his heart should be. Mm," She hummed and ran a hand through her hair. "So I was listening.. I know you're all worried about what's going to be on the big final practical. I heard it's going to be combat against robots like the entrance exam," She supplied, causing most of the table to gasp.

"What, really?!" Midoriya's eyes were blown wide. "How do you know that?!"

"One of my friends who's a few grades up filled me in," Kendo admitted. "I know, cheating, but oh well."

"No," the greenette held his chin as he started blabbering to himself. "I don't think so. I'm sure gathering information ahead of time is also a part of the test, then we should have found an upperclassmen to ask, ugh why didn't I think of what before?!"

"What kind of idiot are you, Kendo?" Monoma seemed to have woken up, and to Izak, the guy was starting to look a bit deranged. "You just gave away our whole strategic advantage! This was our chance to finally pull ahead of that class full of idiots! Urk!" Kendo knocked him out again with another chop and proceeded to drag him away.

"They're not the idiots."

"Well, looks like you can take a breather," Izak said as he stood up and picked up his finished tray. "See you in class."

"Oh, alright," Midoriya nodded with a slightly saddened face. He almost asked his trainer to wait for him to finish so they could go together, but he wasn't anywhere near done. Todoroki, however, had just finished and made his way after the maroonette.

"Do you really think it will be robots?" He asked quietly.

"Honestly," Izak shook his head. "After everything that's happened this semester, I would say the possibility of robots being the exam is extremely low."

"I see," Todoroki pursed his lips. A bit later, when everyone was back in the classroom, Midoriya revealed what the lunch encounter had brought to light about their final exam.

"This'll be super easy if it's just robots!" Kaminari beamed.

"Such awesome news!" Ashido agreed, her hands behind her head.

"Why do you sound so happy?" Shoji asked. "You both have a hard time controlling your quirks."

"Yeah, but I can let loose with robots!" the electric user cheered.

"And melting them will be a cinch for me!" Ashido exclaimed.

"Now you just need Yaoyorozu to help you study and you'll be all set for finals," Sero pointed out.

"We'll definitely be able to go to the training camp now!" They said at the same time, making Izak sweatdrop; that's creepy.

"It shouldn't matter if it's robots or actual people," Bakugo suddenly spoke up, his bag slung over one shoulder. "Why are you morons so excited?"

"Hey, who are you calling a moron?!"

"Shut up!" He snapped, causing both of the celebrating students to flinch. "You need to learn how to control your quirk! Ya got it?!" Then he suddenly turned to face Midoriya. "Hey, Deku," He sneered. "I don't know what's going on with your power, but it's seriously pissing me off," He growled. "We'll be getting individual scores in the upcoming finals, new rankings, so we'll all know exactly where we're standing. I'll show you," the blonde swore. "How much better I am. And Todoroki," He glared over at the duo-haired boy standing at the back of the classroom. "I'll kill you too."

"Mm," Todoroki nodded briefly, then watched as Bakugo stormed out of the classroom and slammed the door shut behind him.