4「new student」5

(Whoa, another chapter! Great job commenting everyone! Comment goal is now 14, so good luck, keep up the good work, and happy reading!)

The next morning, after having breakfast with Mihoko, Izak and Shinso made their way to school together. Since it was raining, it was mostly silent on the walk, until the tail end of it as UA's gates came in sight. "Should I be nervous?" Shinso voiced.

"Aren't you already nervous enough?" Izak almost deadpanned, not sparing his new roommate a glance. A huff sounded from beside him, probably Shinso from being called out.

"You could tell?" He asked sheepishly as his roommate shrugged.

"Yeah. Your molecules are going haywire from how nervous you are." Izak supplied, causing the purplehead to pause.

"T-they are?" Shinso looked down at himself, as if trying to figure out how that worked.

"Yeah. Molecules are pretty loud most days anyway, but yours are even louder," The maroonette grimaced. So, not only can he control atoms, he can also hear them? Shinso furrowed his eyebrows, feeling his brain begin to hurt. Sheesh. "Everyone in the hero course is a good person, though some have some challenging personalities. You'll do fine as long as we do some extra training to get you up to speed."

"Right," The other teen agreed, a slight smile on his face. Izak is really good at reassuring people, he thought to himself as they finally made it inside UA and put their umbrellas away. Then the two went their separate ways, one to the faculty office and the other to the classroom.

When Izak arrived in the classroom, it was abuzz with everyone talking about their walk to school. "It's so weird that people recognize us from TV!" Ashido exclaimed from her seat. "Everyone wanted to talk to me on my way here."

"Yeah, me too!" Kirishima said.

"People on the street were staring at me!" Hagakure chimed in. "It was kinda embarrassing.."

"Sure, but isn't that pretty normal for you?" Ojiro commented with a chuckle.

"Good morning Izak!" Midoriya greeted, smiling brightly as the maroonette passed him. "How was your day off?"

"Pretty chill," He peaced at him.

"I'm glad! You deserve a break after all the work you did in the sports festival," Kirishima said as he sauntered over. "So, was everybody trying to talk to you on your way here too?"

"Nope," Izak replied.

"You won't believe what a bunch of elementary school brats yelled at me!" Sero looked depressed just thinking about it.

"Nice try?" Asui guessed easily, causing the boy to groan.

"All it took was one sports festival and suddenly we're like celebrities!" Kaminari grinned.

"This school really is amazing!"

"Morning," Aizawa suddenly slid the door open, and everyone rushed to their seats.

"Good morning Mister Aizawa," The class chanted.

"We have a new student starting today, so I expect everyone to welcome him and help catch him up to speed, alright?" Aizawa told the class as he stood at the podium, then gestured at the door. "Come on in and introduce yourself."

"My name is Shinso Hitoshi, it's nice to meet you all," Shinso did as told, inclining his head and then glancing at the teacher as whispers went up throughout the class.

"Go sit down next to Morgan," Erasure instructed, and so Shinso made his way to the back row where another desk was sitting by Izak's and behind Todoroki's. "Anyway," He went on once the purplehead had sat down and exchanged a nod with Izak. "We have a big class today, on hero informatics," the stealth hero stated.

Instantly, Izak saw the majority of the class tense, fearing for the worst since Aizawa was nutorious for his spontaneousness. However, all of their worries and tenseness were washed down the drain at his next words: "You need code names. Time to pick your hero identities."

Before the class could go absolute bananas from how excited they were, Aizawa activated his quirk, so everyone shushed everyone else and quietly sat in their seats. "This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the last time we were in class together. Normally students don't have to worry about the draft yet, not until their second or third year actually." Aizawa explained, "But your class is different. In fact, by extending offers to first years like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if their interest in you dies down before graduation, though."

"Stupid selfish adults!" Mineta hit his desk as he twitched from anger.

"So what you're saying is," Hagakure started, leaning forward slightly in her chair, "We'll still have to prove ourselves after we've gotten recruited."

"Correct," the teacher confirmed. "Now, here are the totals for those of you that got offers." He pressed a button, and a bunch of words appeared on the board.

Todoroki: 4123
Bakugo: 3556
Midoriya: 2097
Tokoyami: 360
Iida: 301
Kaminari: 272
Yaoyorozu: 108
Kirishima: 68
Uraraka: 20
Sero: 14

"In past years it's been more spread out, but there's a pretty big gap this time." Aizawa observed.

"Gahhh! No fair." Kaminari whined.

"What about the real star, moi?" Aoyama demanded, puffs of smoke coming out of his head.

"Todoroki got the most, ahead of both Bakugo and Midoriya?" Jiro's eyebrows furrowed, finding it confusing since he hadn't had it past the second round.

"That's amazing," Yamomo smiled hesitantly at Todoroki, who looked like he couldn't care less. "You must be proud."

"These offers are probably because of my father," He grumbled as Uraraka shook Iida by his shoulders.

"People want us!" She beamed with tears in her eyes, which made no sense to Izak. However, before he could ponder that further, Aizawa spoke up again.

"Despite these results, you'll all be interning with pros." The black haired pro stated, "Got it? Even those of you who didn't get any offers."

"Oh, so we're all interning?" Midoriya asked, most of the class looking surprised by that fact.

"Yes." Aizawa confirmed, "You've already got to experience the pressure of facing villains during the attack on the USJ facility, but since Morgan took care of that, it will still be helpful to see pros at work." He continued. "Up close and personal, in the field, first hand."