3「midoriya vs todoroki」8

"Guess I should go check up on them," Izak said as he stood up, his hands in his pockets as he made his way up the stairs and towards Recovery Girl's office. "Wonder how many will need any further treatment."

"Not a soul!" Recovery Girl beamed at him when he arrived, giving him a thumbs up. "Kirishima and Tetsutetsu left a bit earlier. Aoyama went with them, and Uraraka left a few moments ago. As you can see," She gestured to the empty beds with a sweep of her hands. "We're the only ones still here."

"Okay," Izak said boredly. "Then let me know if you need any help with anything."

"I will, now go on!" The medical hero shooed him away. "I'm sure the arm wrestling match is getting underway, wouldn't want to miss that."

"I think I could live without seeing it," The boy sweatdropped, but peaced out anyway. Midnight's voice came through the speakers that Kirishima had come out as the victor of the arm wrestling match, and then Present Mic announced that the next match would begin soon.

Midoriya verses Todoroki, Izak recalled as he returned to the 1A sitting section, this should be interesting. "I can feeeel the anticipation in the stadium!" Present Mic hollered. "And that's because the second round's first match is gonna be EPIC! It's the guy that won his last fight by a landslide and literally left half the audience frozen! The hero course's Todoroki Shoto! And this kid almost walked out of his first matchup but made a stunning comeback by showing us impressive moves! Also from the hero course, Midoriya Izuku!"

"Still no Mihoko?" Jiro asked as Izak sauntered down the steps into the seating area, causing him to shake his head.

"I told you, she's with an acquaintance."

"I might just have to take back what I said about you being a good parent," Kaminari huffed and crossed his arms playfully. The maroonette just gave him a weird look before Bakugo caught his eye and patted the spot next to him.

"So, what'd you think?" The blonde asked.

"You did good," Izak replied. "How many do you think you'll be able to do now?"

"I'm still good for about seven big ones," He answered, flexing his arm and shoulder briefly. "I could use a refresh, if you don't mind."

"Sure."

"That's no fair!" Their other classmates gawked as the maroonette ran his glowing hand over Bakugo's shoulder, renewing the atoms there and getting rid of the strain the big explosion had caused.

"I'm more than happy to give anyone else a look over," Izak deadpanned at his classmates in return, though no one seemed too keen to take him up on the offer.

"I should be able to do even more now," Bakugo smirked, and from the first row, Uraraka paled at herself for thinking that the explosion might have been a strain on the blonde. She really had been unprepared to face him.

"Good to hear. Mihoko was rooting for you," Izak told him, instantly causing the smirk to disappear from Bakugo's face, replaced with an irritated scowl.

"She can cheer all she wants, she's not getting my medal."

"Eh, fair enough," The maroonette hummed.

"Both of the heroes in training have been frontrunners in the sports festival," Present Mic said as the audience waited in drawn out suspence. "But which one of these rivals will advance to the next roouund? Prepare foooor Midoriya verses Todoroki! Begin~!"

Ice sprouted from Todoroki's foot, barreling towards where Midoriya was standing. One For All pulsed within him as he summoned its presence throughout his body, keeping it at five percent. Then he was moving forward, using his power to jump onto the ice and propel himself further forward. Then, as Todoroki got ready to send a flurry of ice at him, Midoriya braced his hand and flicked his finger at 100%.

Instantly Izak was deadpanning. You're only wrecking your body because you know I'll fix it, he thought to himself with a sigh. What a masochist.

Todoroki was not blown away, but most of his ice was. He didn't give Todoroki any down time as he landed in front of him, the rest of his body still coursing with five percent of his power. "Whoa! This is getting physical!" Present Mic howled. "Midoriya is unrelenting in his assault! Though Todoroki is standing his ground, neither one is backing down! What a show!"

Over and over again, Midoriya broke through the ice and kept attacking Todoroki, who was having a hard time keeping him at bay and staying in bounds at the same time. Even when he tried to use the attack he had earlier on Sero, Midoriya easily moved out of the way and obliterated the ice with a flick of his finger.

Every time, Todoroki would barely stop himself from flying out of bounds, then pick himself up again. Izak watched from the stands, finding the situation below to be quite an interesting turn of events. At this rate, he thought to himself as he leaned forward, Midoriya might win.

Then a punch to the gut sent Todoroki out of the ring, causing the stadium to go wild. "HOLY CRAAAAP, MIDORIYA JUST WON OVER TODOROKI!! LET'S HERE IT FOR THE FIRST WINNER OF THE SECOND ROUND OF MATCHES!!" Present Mic cheered, leading the crowd to do the same.

Endeavor watched from the stands, his arms crossed with that ever-present scowl on his face. Then, for a moment, he glanced over at where class 1A's sitting area was, finding Izak's form as he stood up and made his way up the stairs. What am I even thinking? The flame hero tutted at himself as his eyes returned to the stage, where his son and Midoriya were bowing to each other like good sportsmen would.

Meanwhile, Mihoko was going nuts. "SHINSO SHINSO HE DID IT! MIDDY DID IT! HE TOTALLY TOOK OUT THAT ICE GUY, NO SWEAT!" she screamed, jumping up and down as the rest of class 1C all started at her with hearts in their eyes. They all thought she was adorable. "As expected of Izzy's pupil!" The seven year old beamed. "Of course it can only be one of Izzy's people that wins the festival! Otherwise how am I gonna get a medal to brag about?"

"I'm sure Midoriya would love to give it to you if he gets one," Shinso remarked. "But for now you should sit down, Miho, you're distracting everyone."

"Oh, sorry," She instantly did as told even as all of the purple-head's classmates denied that the girl was a distraction to them even though she totally was.

After a bit of cleanup, the next match commenced.