4「agreement」3

(Comment goal is 12, good luck and happy reading everyone~}

Early the next morning, Izak opened the front door to reveal his teacher and the principal along with the police chief. "Good morning, Morgan," Nezu greeted with his usual smile. "May we come in?"

"Sure, but be quiet since Mihoko is still sleeping," Izak stepped aside to allow the three to enter the apartment.

"Of course," The principal acknowledged. Moving into the living room, the adults sat down on the three-seater couch and turned their attention to their conundrum, who took a seat on the other couch. "Yesterday, you said you wanted Shinso to come live with you because you thought he was a threat to you, correct?" Nezu asked, reiterating what he had been told by the stealth hero.

"Yeah," The maroonette answered plainly.

"We talked it over," Sawamura continued for the mammal. "And as long as he agrees after learning of your abilities and his responsibilities as someone close to you, we will allow him to live with you."

"Sounds good," Izak said, reaching into his pocket for his phone, but stopped as his teacher spoke up.

"We have also agreed that Shinso will be transferring into the hero course as of tomorrow," Aizawa explained, making the teen blink.

"Oh, that's nice. Pretty fast, but alright," He leaned back in his seat, his phone in his hand as he texted Shinso to come over. The boy quickly responded that he was on his way and would be there in ten minutes, so he relayed that to the adults. "Want some tea?"

"I would love some tea," Nezu smiled, so Izak stood up and made his way to the kitchen to fix them some. Meanwhile, Erasure and Sawamura exchanged a look. Usually, it would be impossible for a student to transfer into the hero course right after the sports festival. Normally, they would need to do a sort of test, and even then, they wouldn't be transferred in until the second term. Aizawa knew from experience, being one of those cases himself.

The reason Shinso was being transferred so quickly was solely because of Izak. The moment the government had heard that there was a student that Izak truly considered a threat to him, they had ordered that UA do everything they could to have that student as close to Izak at all times as possible. Nezu also seemed pretty keen on having Shinso in the hero course, considering there was an odd number of people in class 1A.

With Shinso, they would be at 22 students. Aizawa didn't know whether he felt burdened or unburdened, since there would be one more person keeping an eye on Izak but also one more person under his care.

A few minutes later, Izak was distributing the tea, each of the adults saying their thanks. Eventually, there was a knock on the front door, so the maroonette went to answer it, and sure enough, it was the person they were all waiting for. "Hey."

"Come on in," Izak jerked his head towards the door leading to the living room. So, after taking off his shoes, Shinso was led into the living room and sat down with Izak. The purplehead was, in a word, nervous. He already knew Eraserhead, and there was the principal of UA high school too. Not to mention the police officer, so there was plenty for him to be anxious about.

"Hello Shinso, it's nice to meet you. I'm Nezu, the one who could be a dog or a mouse or a bear, but more importantly, I'm the principal!" The mammal introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you sir," Shinso replied respectfully.

"Shinso," Aizawa addressed, causing the boy's attention to fall on him. "As of today, you have been transferred into the hero course."

"W-what?" He blinked. Feelings overwhelmed him as his brain processed the words that had been spoken to him: he was going to be a hero. His dream would come true. He didn't have to struggle to stand on the same playing field as those with natural power abilities.

"And you are also allowed to live with Morgan," The police officer said. "Now let me introduce myself, my name is Daisuke Sawamura, and I am the police chief of this city. I am also Morgan's parole officer."

"Parole?" Shinso glanced at Izak, who was yawning as he sat next to him boredly.

"Morgan is a special case. The whole reason that he was enrolled at UA was because Aizawa would be able to stop him from using his quirk. The reason he was given guardianship of Mihoko was to help him understand that life is precious. And with you, we are hoping to contain him a bit more."

"Mihoko has one as well," Aizawa brought out a pendant. "This will notify all heroes and police in the area that Morgan is using his quirk without permission. It will only respond to your fingerprint, so there should be no false alarms."

"W-wait, Mister Aizawa," Shinso spoke up, looking a little spooked. "Why are you going to such lengths to keep Izak from using his quirk? What.." His gaze dragged to the teen sitting beside him. "Is his quirk?"

"Morgan, would you do the honors?" Nezu hummed as he took a sip of his tea.

"I can manipulate atoms," Izak stated simply, but the information made Shinso's eyes go wide. He had figured that the guy was powerful when he had said he could manipulate Aizawa's body, but being able to control atoms? Molecules? The building stones of the world? That was insane, and these people wanted Shinso to stop him from using his power?

Shinso suddenly wanted to go back to a time before he'd met Izak. He knew that meant he probably wouldn't be able to get into the hero course that easily, but this felt like too much responsibility.

But then he thought better of it. Shinso recalled that Izak had never shown him any hostility, only determination and hope. He probably knew that this sort of thing would happen, so when he had made the offer, Izak must have been alright with him being monitored by more than just Aizawa and Mihoko.

On the subject of Mihoko, Shinso didn't know how she dealt with this pressure.

Izak watched his prospective roommate go through the stages of grief: anger, denial, depression, bargaining and acceptance exactly in that order. It was quite interesting to see them so quickly in such fast succession since he had only heard of the 5 stages, never actually seen them before.

It took a moment for the acceptance part to fully register on Shinso's face, but eventually, he agreed to the terms and accepted the pendant. "Then we'll leave it to you to convince his guardians, Morgan," Sawamura smiled at the teen as they were shown out. "Good luck."

"Thanks," The maroonette replied dryly, shutting the door once all of the adults were out.

"Ugh, they took forever!" Mihoko complained, suddenly opening her door with a scowl. "Izzy, I want hot chocolate now!"

"Sure," He snapped his fingers, making a steaming mug appear in front of the girl. Shinso's jaw dropped. And then he exhaled. Now he understood. Mihoko didn't cave under the pressure because she was under no pressure. She wasn't even trying to keep Izak from using his quirk! She was actually encouraging it! Damn, to think she was like that, Shinso chuckled to himself, resigning to his fate of following in her footsteps.

"Can I have some too?"