8「making plans」6

Small Might came back after a bit longer, but the meeting was mostly over, besides the part where they needed to figure out what to tell the press. When he got settled back into his seat, Small Might explained that the call was from his friend at the police station, Detective Tsukauchi. 

The detective told Small Might that he had finished taking statements from Aizawa and Vlad King and would be releasing them shortly. He also said that he had done some forensics on the note, but nothing had come up. The two villains that had been captured weren't awake yet, so for the moment, they had practically nothing.

"So, I've decided for the sake of the students that had their souls stolen," Small Might bunched his hands into fists. "That I will resign from my position at UA and return to being strictly a hero."

"I thought you might say that," Nezu said. "And I think that is the best course of action as well. You came to UA as a teacher to accomplish something, and now that you have accomplished it, I believe it would be in your best interest as well as the students' if you returned to the streets as the symbol of peace," He smiled, folding his paws. "While I am sad to see you go because of a villain's demand, I'm sure things will work out. Thank you for everything you've done for UA, All Might, and I wish you the best."

"Yes sir," He stood and bowed. With that, the meeting was concluded, and everyone took their leave of the campus. As Izak meandered towards the general location of his apartment, he thought back to what had happened that morning. 

"You guys are back way early," Toga had said as she sat wrapped around Izak, who hadn't seemed to care as he sipped his hot chocolate. Shinso and Mihoko had their own hot chocolates too, sitting on the three seater couch and deadpanning ever so slightly at the sight. 

"Something happened that made the rest of the camp get cancelled," Izak had supplied. "So, did anything happen for you?"

"Yeah, it looked like a horror movie in here when we got back last night!" Mihoko had exclaimed, causing Toga to giggle. 

"I would've had that all cleaned up if you had gotten back when you said you would have!" the blonde girl had said. "I was just enjoying myself, ya know? Oh, but something did happen," She had leaned so that she could look Izak in the eye, causing him to raise an eyebrow at her. "Somebody came over, I think his name was Dabi."

"Oh, him," Izak had paused for a second, trying to figure out why the guy had paid a visit. 

"Yeah, but anyway, it was totally weird. He came in through the balcony! So obviously I threw a knife at him and managed to cut him, but then he got super mad and said that his skin was a gift from you or something, like what the actual hell, and then he tried to burn me! I was really confused so I almost did get burnt, but luckily I dodged and managed to calm down the situation and we talked it out and I told him when you'd be getting back, and he left through the front door this time. Dunno when he'll come back though."

"...Wow," The three listening to the story had been dumbfounded. 

"Oh, and is it true we're having a powerpuff girls marathon this weekend?!"

"I'm home," Izak called as he came in through the door, causing Mihoko and Toga to peek out of the eight year old's room. 

"Welcome back!"

"Thanks," He inclined his head, going past them to the living room. 

"Ah, you're back?" Shinso glanced at him from in front of the TV. "How did the meeting go?"

"It went fine, but there are going to be some big changes going on," The maroonette explained as he took a seat on the other couch, and Hitoshi gave him his full attention. "The principal is going to implement a dorming system, so we're going to be moving into dorms."

"Oh," Shinso's eyebrows furrowed, casting a look at the door to the hallway where Mihoko and Toga had gone back into the brunette's room to keep playing. "What about Mihoko?"

"She'll come with us," Izak answered, also glancing down the hallway. "It's just that we won't be able to have visitors anymore, so if we want to meet up with Toga, Twice or Giran, we'll have to go to them."

"That makes sense," Shinso pursed his lips. "Mihoko's gonna be crushed that she can't have sleepovers with them anymore."

"They still could, as long as it's not at the dorms," Izak shrugged as he leaned back. "Anyway, there's another thing that the principal decided to do."

"What's that?" The purplette questioned, and was surprised to see a smirk appear on Izak's face. 

"They're gonna let me use my quirk however I want as long as I'm on UA grounds," He told him. Shinso's jaw immediately dropped. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah," He hummed. "Which means I can still provide you and Mihoko your meals and your beloved hot chocolate."

"O-oh, right," Shinso flushed at the teasing remark, but couldn't help but smile. "Well, I'm glad that you don't have to hide and hold yourself back anymore. You deserve to be able to use your quirk without being reprimanded for it."

"Thanks for saying so, Hitoshi," Izak mused before suddenly digging his phone out of his pocket as it began vibrating, signalling that he had a call. The caller ID said that it was the broker, so he answered it. "Hello Giran."

"Izak! It's been too long, I couldn't get a hold of you for the past few days," The broker complained. 

"Sorry, I was in a place with no cell reception," The maroonette supplied, and Giran hummed.

"Oh, is that so? Well anyway, I did what you asked of me last time," He explained, cracking a smile. "Bubigawara said he'd be happy to swing by on Saturday for the marathon. You said it would start at 11am, right?" Giran asked. 

"Yes," Izak confirmed. "Thank you for contacting him. I also have an announcement for everyone, so I'll tell you when everyone gets here on Saturday."

"Alright, I'll look forward to it then," Giran's eyebrows shot upwards. An announcement? 

"See you then," Izak said, and with a final goodbye, the call ended.