7「sloppy curry」5

(Damn, it's already that time of the week! Comment goal is 23, so good luck and happy reading~}

Mihoko had questions. A lot of them. 

She hadn't woken up until almost ten in the morning, and when she had come out of the building in search of everyone, she'd had to do a double take. It was what she would call barely controlled chaos; almost everyone was doing something different that specifically involved their quirks. There was a lot of yelling, a lot of groaning, and it was not a nice sight. 

Mihoko spotted Izak with Midoriya and a few others, going through what she heard was Tiger's Boot Camp. Her guardian just looked bored as he and the others worked their bodies harder with each new exercise. As her eyes drifted from the spectacle, she caught glimpse of something behind a tree: a red hat. 

She knew that hat. It was the other kid's, and since it wasn't on the ground, the kid must be wearing it! But then Mihoko pursed her lips and made a face. Do I really wanna deal with that guy's attitude? Just standing here is boring though, she rationalized. 

Finally, the brunette convinced herself to go over and say hi, so that's what she did. "Hey Kota," She greeted, causing him to flinch. "Whatcha doing over here?"

"Nothing," He huffed. "What do you want?"

"Nothing," She parroted back, then giggled behind her hand before smiling at his confused expression. "Do you wanna be friends?"

"What?" This time it was Kota that was making the face, a disgusted face at that. 

"Do you," Mihoko repeated, "Want to be friends? With me?" She cocked her head, her smile diminishing ever so slightly, but her firm resolve to not be bored was what held it there at least partially. 

"Why would I wanna be friends with you?" Kota crossed his arms and looked away, and Mihoko hummed thoughtfully. 

"Well, we could go on adventures together, we could make fun of everyone, and best of all," She grinned deviously as she put a finger to her lips. "No one will suspect a thing because what could two little kids do?"

"...I'll think about it," Kota said eventually, though he already sounded sold as he trotted away from the eight year old. Mihoko sighed, then shrugged to herself as she went in the opposite direction. I'll take what I can get. For now, I'm gonna go raid the pantry.

~*~

"Now, remember what I said?" Pixiebob pointed at the exhausted lot of students that had finally gotten done with training for the day. "We're not serving your food anymore!"

"If you guys wanna eat, you'll have to make your own meals, starting with curry!" Ragdoll trilled off as she gestured to all of the ingredients that had been laid out for the UA students. 

"Yes ma'am," The troop groaned, causing her to break down in gleeful laughter.

"Oh man, you guys look exhausted! But that doesn't mean you guys can coast by making sloppy catfood!"

"Ah, I see," Iida perked up. "An important part of saving someone recovering from a disaster is providing for their physical needs as well as spiritual. Ah, this is a great opportunity!" He turned to the rest of the students, class A and B, and continued. "Let's make the most delicious curry in the world, everyone!"

"Yeah okay."

"It wouldn't be the most delicious unless Izzy made it," Mihoko scoffed under her breath. Eventually, the students were all working to get the curry prepared, and after some time, everyone had a bowl in front of them with a portion in it. 

"If I got this at a restaurant I'd send this crap back, but after today, I'll eat every bite!"

"Don't say that."

"Whoa, you're scarfing Momo!" Ashido commented from the other table, causing the person in question to lean back with a sigh,

"Yes, my quirk transforms lipids into brand new atoms to create inorganic materials, that means the more I eat, the more I can make," She explained. 

"Like how poop works." Sero surmised. Several things happened after that: Yaoyorozu got depressed, everyone else gawked, and Jiro socked Sero in the face.

"APOLOGIZE!"

"OKAY I'M SORRY!"

"Hey," Mihoko said as she came over from the tables to where Kota was standing. "Want some curry?"

"No," He replied bluntly, causing her to laugh. 

"Me neither, I tried a bit and I almost puked," She grimaced as she glanced back at where everyone was eating. "I don't know how they're stomaching that stuff. I'm definitely gonna pester Izzy to make me something better later." Mihoko said before blinking at her companion as he cleared his throat. "What?"

"I thought about it, and," Kota looked away, trying not to let his flush show. "I guess we.. could be friends.."

"Really?" Mihoko's entire demeanor brightened at the words she hadn't expected. Kota huffed, but nodded. 

"Yeah. So," He turned stiffly. "You can follow me to my hideout, if you want."

"You have a hideout?!" The brunette gasped, causing him to shush her and throw a glare at where everyone was eating. "You have a hideout?" Mihoko asked again, quieter this time, and Kota nodded. "That's so cool, I wish I had a secret hide out.." The girl frowned, realizing that there wasn't anywhere around the apartment that she could dub her secret hide out. 

"...Since we're friends," Kota coughed awkwardly. "It can be our secret hideout."

"REALLY?!"

"SHHHH!"

"Oops, sorry."

After that, the two headed into the forest, but not before a certain someone noticed them leaving. "Uh, Izak," Midoriya looked at the maroonette, who raised an eyebrow at him since his mouth was currently full. "I just saw Mihoko and Kota go into the forest, neither of them had anything to eat yet, right?"

"That's right," Izak confirmed. "Mihoko will probably throw a tantrum later since she didn't want to eat anything, you can just ignore her."

"Still, I feel kinda bad, plus," The greenette glanced at where Mandalay was. She was calling for Kota to come eat. "Kota hasn't eaten either, so I'll just knock out two birds with one stone," He said, grabbing two bowls and filling them up with curry. "I'll be right back."

"Sure, knock yourself out," Izak almost rolled his eyes at the guy's sincerity, but just decided to ignore it in favor of finishing his own food.