↳vi. Work

Devyn

'Mom. I can't go to friday night dinner today.' I said.

Mom raised her eyebrow, giving me a look that said this better be good, 'Don't tell me your going to hang out with your boyfriend.'

'Boyfriend?! Me and Jess aren't dating.' I say, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

Mom smirked. Uh oh.

'Who said anything about Jess?' Damn.

I sighed, 'Well who else would you be talking about?'

'Eh good point.' Mom said, 'Anyways why can't you go to dinner?'

'I have a shift I have to work.' I said. 'I tried to reason with Luke,' I did not. 'But I have to work as i've missed alot of shifts recently.'

Mom stayed silent for a moment before replying. 'Fine but your not getting out next week.'

'Fine. Fine.'

✧ ✧ ✧

'Hey Luke.'

'What?'

'I have come to work.' I say, walking around the counter, grabbing coffee so I could refill people cups.

'About time.' He grumbled. He went into the kitchen just to walk out a second later. 'Can you get Jess. I need him to help. As you can tell, it's busy.'

I rolled my eyes. 'Can't you get him?'

'No he won't listen to me.'

'What makes you think he'll listen to me.'

Luke gave me a look before walking back into the kitchen again.

I put down the coffee with a huff and walked over to the stairs that lead to Luke's apartment. I knocked on the door before opening it.

'You don't need to knock. It is your apartment after all.' Jess grumbled for his bed that was on the floor. He had his back turned to me.

'Oh wow I have an apartment now.'

'Huh.' Jess stood up and walked over to me. 'Why are you here?'

'Luke wants help in the diner.' I say.

'Ok.' He nodded to me as we both walked over to the apartment door. Well that was easy.

We both walked down the stairs and into the diner.

As we walked in, the diner had became empty, I however spotted my mom and sister sat at a table by the window.

'I thought it was busy.' Jess said nudging me.

'Well it was.' I shrug.

Luke came over to us.

'What is that?' He pointed to the shirt Jess was wearing.

'That is a shirt'

'Change!'

'What?'

'Go upstairs and change.'

'But I like this shirt.'

Luke looked down at Jess' shirt, 'How can you like that shirt?'

'It brings out my eyes.' Jess looked at me, 'Don't you agree?'

'It does.' I say, smiling innocently.

'Of course she would agree. Go up stairs and change.' Jess rolled his eyes and then walked up the stairs.

I walked over to mom and Rory.

'Hey how was dinner?'

'Oh you know, same old boring dinner.' Mom said, smiling at me.

Just then Jess walked down again wearing a flannel shirt and a backwards cap on his head. He walked over with a towel in his hand and began cleaning the bar.

Luke then looked at him again. 'What do you think your doing?'

'I'm working?'

'So you think this is funny, huh?' Luke raised his arm slightly in frustration. I started laughing.

'Oh sorry, I thought this was the uniform.' He looked down at his outfit. Rory and Mom joined in my laughing.

'Ok,' Luke inhaled loudly, 'You know what. That's fine. Have your little joke. It doesn't bother me at all. You just go over there and clean of that table, yeah?' Jess nodded. 'I'm going to ignore you. You do not exist.'

'Ok.' Jess then walked over to the table next to where I was standing. And began cleaning it. He dramatically put down something and Luke started talking again in frustration.

'That's it. Go upstairs and change.'

Jess looked at me and smirked before heading upstairs again.

Me, mom and Rory all laughed, whilst Luke look at us, an angry expression on hia face.

Authors notes

THANK YOU FOR 100+
READS AH
also i did change the story line
so some things wont be
in order

- J

(Chapter edited)