21: Party

A/n: I'm not sure if this chapter needs a TW but here it is just incase. Love you <3

'You two going now?' Lorelai asked.

'Yup.' Devyn said chucking her jacket on.

'I am too.'

The trio walked over to the door.

Devyn walked out but stopped once she realised Rory and her mom weren't behind. 'Are you to done your mothers meeting?'

Lorelai amd Rory rushed out, following after Devyn who had continued walking.

Devyn linked her arm through Rory's after they said goodbye to their mom.

Everyone was setting up ready for the party. The band preparing with Rory's help. Kyle and Marshall packing somethings away.

Jess was sitting on the back on the sofa with his arms around Devyns waist. 'I'm bored.'

Devyn turned to kiss him. 'Me too.' She said. 'But we can't leave.'

'Don't you think we could have got here later?' Jess asked.

'No. We're helping the band.'

'Are we because it doesn't look like it.'

Devyn glared at him. 'You know what I mean.'

'Whatever.'

'Come on.' Devyn said, 'You need to get into the spirit.'

'I'll just wander around a little.' And with that Jess let go of Devyn and walked away, kissing her cheek before he left.

Devyn sighed amd went over to Rory.

'You ok?' Rory asked.

'Oh yeah.' Devyn replied. 'I don't think Jess is in the mood.'

'Of course. Just give him time.' Rory suggested.

'Yeah. Yeah.'

Devyn spotted Jess looking at something. She waked over to him. 'Hello stranger.'

'Hey.'

'You alright?' Devyn asked. Jess nodded, bending down to kiss her. She pulled away, smiling. 'Come on, let's go look around.

They walked past some people crying.

'Seems a little early for that.' Jess said.

'Oh it never is.' Devyn said. She pulled his arm so he walked quicker.

They walked up to where the keg was, a  group of people surrounding it.

'Hey. What's up with you guys?'

'Stupid keg.' Kyle said. 'It's not working.'

'Where's the tap?' Jess asked.

'The what?'

'Its a keg.' Jess explained. 'It's sealed. You need to hook it up to pump the beer out.'

'All that hard work for a cup of beer. It doesn't even taste nice.' Devyn said. She turned to Jess. 'I'm going to find another drink. Bye.'

Devyn walked away and grabbed a cup. She was about to go into the fridge to find something when a voice she recognised spoke behind her.

'Well didn't think i'd see you here.' Jack said. 'Said you weren't the party person.'

'I don't dislike parties. I'm just socially awkward.' Devyn explained. 'Not that you care. Where's thar girlfriend of yours.'

'Dev. Don't do this. It was a mistake.' Jack tried to reason. He grabbed her wrist. She tried to pull her arm away but he just held it tighter. She was sure it would leave a bruise.

'Jack, let go.' Devyn said, 'Your hurting me.'

Jack didn't seem to notice, or care, Devyn couldn't decide. 'I love you. Kissing Shane was a mistake.'

'No Jack stop.' Devyn pulled her arm away and rushed in the crowd, ignoring Jacks calls.

Devyn bumped into Rory. 'Woah, Dev, you need to look w- hey are you ok?'

Devyn didn't answer. 'Have you seen Jess?'

'I think he went upstairs but are you alright?'

Devyn wiped the tears that where falling out of her eyes and she rushed away from Rory and upstairs to find her boyfriend.

She opened the door to one of the bedrooms to find Jess sat in the dark reading a book. He looked up and saw her. 'Hey.'

'Hi.'

Devyn walked over wiping another tear that escaped her eye. Jess noticed and immediately felt concerned.

'Hey. Angel what's wrong?' He stood up and pulled Devyn to him.

'Jack.'

Jess nodded even though Devyn couldn't see. He held her for a moment before pulling her back. 'Do you wanna go?' Devyn nodded. 'Ok i'll get your jacket. You come down when your ready, ok?' Devyn nodded again.

Jess

Jess walked down the stairs going to find where Devyn left her jacket.

He found it and turned around to go back to Devyn but stopped when he saw Jack himself.

Jack and Dean where laughing at something. Rory was with them. Jess couldn't help but feel confused at why Rory was there. He knew that Dean was her boyfriend but Jack was her sisters ex that cheated on her. He went over to the trio.

'Ah. Jess. How you doing man?' Jack asked, hitting Jess friendly on the back.

'Wonderful.' He replied sarcastically. 'What did you say to Devyn?'

'Nothing.' Jack replied. A little too quickly. 'What's that slut been saying?'

Devyn

Devyn felt better and decided to go downstairs to find Jess. She had just walked the last step when two people came bursting in the room

Dean and Jess.

Devyn was taken aback at how quickly that escalated. She saw Rory trying to do something. She also saw Jack trying to participate, however he kept getting pushed away. Ha, loser.

Devyn ran over to Rory.

'What the hell is going on?' She asked her sister. Everyone around was chanting "fight" so it was hard to hear anything.

'Long story short. Jack said something. Jess hit. Dean hit back.' Rory explained.

'Why Dean?'

'I don't know.' Rory yelled. 'Dean stop it.'

Jess and Dean had somehow made it outside.

'Jess.' Devyn yelled. 'Stop it.'

At that moment, police cars could be heard and most people at the party started to run.

Jess and Dean reluctantly let go.

Rory rushed over to Dean, making sure he was ok.

Jess looked over to Devyn before turning and walking away.

Devyn heart shattered in that moment. She turned in the direction of her house and ran.

Authors notes

Thanks for 700+ reads!
So uh, I can't write fight scenes,
so i skipped all the details.
Also I was debating whether or not
Jack should fight Jess and
not Dean but yknow.
Also next chapter will probably be
a tad bit emotional so.
Anyways byeee

-J

(Chapter not edited)