11: She's got a boyfriend

It was Sookie and Jackson's wedding and Jack had come around to surprise Devyn. He had walked up to their house and knocked on the door.

'I'll get it.' Devyn had called to Lorelai and Rory. 'Oh Jack. What are you doing here? I'm busy today, I can't hang out if thats why your here. Not that I don't want you here. It's just a surprise you know. A nice one-'

Jack cut her of by kissing her.

'Stop rambling, it's annoying.' Devyns smile fell for a second. Ouch.

'Anyway. Why are you here?'

'Well, I've moved to stars hollow.'

Devyn gasped in excitement. She jumped up and down slightly.

'Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.' Devyn said, 'Actually?'

'Yes.'

Devyn quickly pulled Jack in for a hug. 'This is amazing. I won't have to go to New York all the time.' Jack laughed.

Jess

Jess had come back to Stars Hollow today. He was stood in Luke's apartment waiting for him to come back.

The door to the apartment had opened and Luke walked in. He noticed Jess out the corner of his eye and stopped.

They both stared at eachother before Luke spoke first. 'Hey.' He slipped his hands into his pockets, rocking on his heels.

'Hey.' Jess replied.

'How did you get in hear?' Luke asked, gesturing around his apartment.

'The door was open.'

'No.. I was in the diner, I swear I would have seen you come up the stairs.' Luke said, 'You know what, forget it. I don't want to know.'

An awkward silence past for a second.

'So. How is everything back home?' Luke asked.

'Fine.'

'Your Mom?'

'Fine.'

Another minute of awkward silence.

'You in trouble?'

'No.'

'Then what the hell are you doing here for, Jess?' Luke walked over to Jess. 'I called you six times. Now I didn't expect a call back but, you know. Just a call to say you where alright would have been nice. I had to ask Devyn. Just tell me what you want. I got work to do.'

'I wanna come back.' Jess mumbled.

'You what?'

'I want to come back.'

'Here?'

'Yes.'

'Here to stars hollow?'

'Yes.'

'To live in this apartment with me?'

'I've said yes a million times already.'

'Now your the one asking for something so you don't get to be James Dean.' Luke said, 'Now one more time. You want come back?'

'Yes.'

'Why?'

'I just- I,' Jess stuttered. 'I just want to come back.'

'You know what people told me when I told them that you where coming to stay with me,' Luke started, 'They told me I was crazy. They told me I was insane. However I ignored them. I was so sure that I knew what I was doing but then you showed up and you know what happened. You proved them right. I was crazy. And now after all that has happened, after all the chaos you have caused. Your seriously standing there, asking to come back.'

Jess walked past Luke and pointed to some of his things, 'You didn't pack up my stuff.'

'No, i've been a little busy.'

'When where you planning on sending it back to me?'

'Am I wearing a little brown uniform with UPS printed on it.' Luke said, sarcastically.

Jess shrugged. 'So.. what do you think?'

Luke inhaled, 'Things are going to have to be different, Jess.'

'I know.'

'Okay.'

'Ok.'

A moment of silence.

'So your staying?'

'I'm staying.' Jess confirmed.

'Ok then.' Luke paused, 'Stay. Now I got to get back to the diner.' Jess nodded.

'I'll help you.. close up later. Alright?'

'Sure.' Luke said, nodding. Jess started walking away. 'She's not home.' Jess stopped.

'Who?' He asked playing it of cool.

'She's at Sookie's wedding. And she has a boyfriend. So don't go messing anything up. His names Jack,' Jess froze slightly, same guy from New York. 'He's really good to her.'

'Good.' Jess turned around to fave Luke.

'Jess don't try anything. Let them be.'

'I don't know what your talking about, I'm just going out for a walk.' Jess turned back to face the door. He opened it and walked out.

Authors notes

Welp. We have a Jess POV
chapter. Funn.
Next chapter Jess and Dev get
to see eachother again.
Yayyyy.
Thank you for 300+ reads.

-J

(Chapter not edited)