30: Wedding part 3

'Did I tell you that you look beautiful?'

'You might have mentioned it.' Devyn giggled.

Jess and Devyn where standing in a corner, watching everyone dance.

'Can we go dance, please?' Devyn asked, dragging out the 'please'. Jess gave her a look.

'No.'

'Why not?' Devyn demanded.

'I can't dance.'

'Classic response.' Devyn sighed. 'Just come on, it won't be that bad.'

Jess paused for a minute before replying, 'Fine.' Devyn smiled in excitement. She toke Jess's hand and pulled him over to the dance floor.

Devyn snaked her arms around his neck as he put his hands on her waist. 'See. Not so bad is it?' Devyn asked, grinning up at him.

Jess didn't reply, he just pulled her closer and rested him chin on her shoulder.

They danced, happy to be in each others arms, completely unaware at how many people where watching them.

It was now the morning after the wedding and Devyn and Jess had to go back to New York.

'I'm going to miss you.' Lorelai said, as she hugged her daughter.

'Me too.' Devyn replied, 'But you will visit me and I will make sure of it.'

'Of course.' Lorelai laughed. 'Now go meet Romeo and head to your palace.'

'Bye mom.' Devyn said, shutting the front door behind her as she headed over to Luke's to meet Jess.

She opened to door to her favourite diner, noticing that not that many people where there.

Luke came out from the kitchen with a cup of coffee. He handed it to Devyn.

'For me? Thank you Luke.' Devyn said, grinning.

'Yeah, yeah.'

Jess walked down the stairs that moment. He caught sight of the pair and made his way over.

'Hey.'

'Oh, hey Jess.' Devyn said. She grinned up at the boy as he kissed her forehead.

'Well, you want to go?' He asked. Devyn nodded.

'Sure.' Devyn then turned to Luke, 'Goodbye Luke. See you later.'

'Bye.' Luke said and the couple walked out the diner and into the car.

After the long drive to New York, they finally made it back.

Jess drove to his apartment first so he could dropped his stuff of there before driving to Devyn's.

They got out thr car and walked into the apartment building. They got to Devyn's apartment and she opened to door.

'Oh it's good to be back.' Devyn said, throwing her keys on the closest counter. She turned towards Jess and smiled.

'Yeah, guess so.' He smirked at her.

They stood in silence for a moment before Jess spoke up again. 'Want to go to dinner?'

Devyn smiled, 'Sure. I mean, I don't have any food and i'm pretty hungry so.' She walked over to Jess. He swung his arm over her shoulder and she put her arm around his waist.

They both walked out in the New York streets, on their way to their restaurant.

Authors notes

Wow.
Wedding is finished.
Next chapter is also the last on of
this book.
I am making a sequel but that
won't be made untill
I make some progress in my other
book 'Sunshine'.
(Check that out if you want)
I'll explain more about the
sequel later.
But yeah next chapter is the end.

-J

(Chapter not edited)