28: Wedding Part 1

Devyn was just chilling in her apartment. She was reading a book and had ABBA playing in the background.

A moment later, there was a knock at the door. Devyn sighed in annoyance and walked over to the door.

'ABBA? Really?'

'Yes, Jess, ABBA is the best.'

Devyn turned around and walked over to turn the music down. Jess walked up behind her snaking an arm around her waist.

'So, not that I mind,' Devyn said, 'Why are you here?'

'Luke came round.' Jess said.

'Oh.' Devyn said, 'Why didn't you tell me, I could've said hi.'

'I didn't expect him to come.' Jess said.

'Oh ok.' Devyn said, 'So why did he?'

'Liz is getting married.'

'Your mom?' Devyn asked.

'Yes.'

'Oh that's amazing.' Devyn said. However she saw the look in Jess's face. 'What?'

'Nothing.' Jess grumbled. Devyn didn't push it.

'So where is it?' Devyn asked.

'Stars Hollow.'

'Oh.' Devyn said, 'I didn't know she's ever been there before.' Jess shrugged.

'I'm going to walk Liz down the isle.' (A/N: idk if thats how you spell isle when it comes to marriages but yh) Jess said.

'Oh well then you have to go.' Devyn exclaimed.

'You're coming too.'

'Fine. Fine.'

The couple where in the car and on their way back to stars hollow.

Devyn was excited to see her mom as she hadn't seen her in so long. She hadn't had time to visit stars hollow with her job. Lorelai and Devyn had phone multiple times a day, planning when they where going to visit, however, it never actually happened.

Devyn wanted to see Rory but she knew she wasn't going to be their. She was quiet upset about that as her and her sister didn't really talk that much. They phone atleast three times a week but even then their wasn't that much conversation.

Devyn ended up falling asleep. She hadn't slept last night as she was too excited to be back at her home town.

'Mom?' Devyn called as she walked into the Gilmore House. Jess had dropped her off there as he was going to see Luke.

Devyn heard a yell and then foot steps running to the front door. Lorelai appeared infront of her youngest daughter. 'Devyn!'

Lorelai pulled Devyn in to hug her. 'Hey mom.'

'Your back so soon?' Lorelai asked. 'Not that I mind of course.'

'Well Jess dragged me here because of his moms wedding.' Devyn said as they both walked into the kitchen.

'Oh right.' Lorelai said, 'So you didn't come here to see me.'

'That too.' Devyn said. The mother and daughter both started laughing.

'Wanna go to Luke's to get a cup of celebration coffee?' Lorelai asked and she linked her arm through her daughters.

'What we celebrating?' Devyn asked.

'You coming home.' Lorelai replied in a duh tone.

'Well in that case,' Devyn said, leading the way to the door. 'Onwards we go.'

The duo laughed, happy to see eachother again.

Authors notes

So short chapter.
I'm making the wedding into
a few different parts bc
I can't really think of what to call
the chapters lol.
Anyways Lorelai and Dev reunited.

-J

(Chapter not edited)