20: Fire at the inn

Lorelai was fast asleep in her bed when Rory and an extremely tired Devyn walked in.

'Mom.' Rory said going to lie on one side of the bed whilst Devyn through herself on the other, she ended up falling asleep again. 'Mom wake up. You too Dev.'

'What?' Lorelai asked while Devyn grumbled something Rory couldn't make out.

'Mom it's Tobin at the inn, somethings wrong.' Rory said.

'What's wrong?'

'The fire alarms going off.'

Lorelai turned over to lie on her back kicking Devyn in the process. 'Ouch.'

'Sorry.' Lorelai said, 'That stupid alarm, it's always doing that. Tell him if he doesn't smell smoke then to reset it.'

'He sounds very freaked.' Rory said waving the phone at Lorelai. Lorelai groaned and grabbed the phone from Rory. Rory leaned over and hit Devyn around the head waking her up again. Devyn battered her hand away, sitting up slightly.

'Tobin, what?' Lorelai said into the phone. A second later, Lorelai sat up startling both Devyn and Rory. 'Oh my God. Okay. Okay.' She hung up the phone. 'You two get dressed.'

Lorelai, Devyn and Rory jogged up to the front of the group where Sookie and Michel was.

'Oh thank God.' Sookie said.

Lorelai tried to get the fireman's attention. 'Hey. Hey. What's going on?'

Devyn linked her arm through Rory's to try and keep herself warm and because she was nervous.

'Hey. What's going on?' Lorelai asked again.

'In a minute ma'am.'

'Mom let him do his thing.' Devyn said, trying to calm Lorelai down.

'You're right.' Lorelai them turned, 'Sookie, Michel, is everyone out?'

'Yes.' Michel replied.

'Are you sure?'

'Yes.' Sookie said. 'We're sure. The fire department is sure. We did a head count.'

'We need to double-check. Triple-check.' Lorelai said, still panicky. 'Julio- He doesn't start till six but sometimes he comes in early. Because his sister-in-law, Rita, sometimes gives him a ride on her way to work.'

Sookie turned and pointed him out. Lorelai rushed over to him saying how glad she was to see him. Just as she walked back the fireman walked up to them.

'Ma'am i'm chief Baker.'

'Oh, hi, sorry for jumping on you earlier.' Lorelai said.

'Thats ok.' The chief replied. 'The good news is, this is almost out. The structure is stable and you'll probably be back in in 24hours.'

'That's excellent.' Lorelai said, '24 hours. The structures stable.' Devyn smiled at her mom. 'Thank you.' Lorelai turned to Sookie and Michel. 'Ok. Phase two.'

'Loving the pace here.'

'Ok we need food. We need computers with internet. We need phones. Michel I need you on this stat. Hurry, hurry.' Lorelai turned to her two children. 'Rory, Devyn. Help the guests with the kids. Make sure they're not freaked out. Gather them up and entertain them for a while. So the adults can catch their breathes.' Rory and Devyn nodded.

'We have never entertained kids.' Rory said.

'How do we do that?' Devyn asked.

'Uh.' Lorelai looked down at their feet. 'Take your socks of and do a puppet show.'

'You've clearly never entertained kids either.' Rory said.

'But it's all I can think of. Get cracking.' Lorelai said.

'Yes ma'am.' Devyn replied before her and Rory rushed away into the crowd.

Once all the kids where gathered Devyn turned to Rory. 'I'm going to see if I can make a quick call one moment.'

Rory nodded as she turned back to the kids.

Devyn quickly walked away and got out her phone, dialing the digits of Luke's apartments number.

She pressed the phone up to her ear and waited a moment.

'Hello?'

'Hey Luke. Is Jess there I wanna talk to him.'

'Yeah. Is everything alright?'

'Oh you know. Inn caught fire. The usual.'

'The Inn what?'

'Just hand the phone other.'

'Right ok. Jess, phone.'

Devyn waited a moment before she heard Jess.

'What?'

'Hello to you too.'

'Oh D. You alright. Luke said something about an Inn.'

'The Inn caught fire.'

'Oh.'

'Uh huh. Just thought I'd let you know. Because it's like really early o'clock in the morning and i'll probably be extremely tied tomorrow.'

'Oh right. Well is everything ok?'

'Well it could be better.'

'Ok well. Do you need anything?'

'No, no. It's ok. I'll see you later yeah?'

'Yeah. Bye D.'

'Bye.'

Devyn hung up the phone and waked back to Rory.

Authors notes

Double update!!
So I know this is kind of a random
chapter but I wanted to
have some moment where it is
just Devyn, Rory and Lorelai.
Although this has more people then
just them.
However look forward to more
Devyn, Rory and Lorelai
chapters because i will be making more.
Yayyyyy.

-J

(Chapter not edited)