12: Hi

Sookie and Jackson were married. Devyn had been so happy but she was exhausted. She didn't even know why, she wasn't the one getting married.

Finally getting away from all the commotion, she went to sit under some trees. However, when she saw a familiar face, she stopped dead in the tracks.

'Jess?'

'Hi.'

'Hi.'

Devyn paused before rushing over to hug him. Her arms wrapped around his neck as his slipped around her waist. She buried her face into his neck.

'I didn't know you where coming back.' Her voice was slightly muffled. 'You could have called.'

They pulled away but Jess arm stayed on her waist, holding her as if she was about to disappear.

'Well what can I say. Missed this stupid town.' Jess shrugged. Devyn gave him a look.

'I'm sure you did.'

They both looked at eachother before Jess toke his arm from her waist, 'So. Heard you got a boyfriend.'

'Oh did Luke tell you. I was going to tell you myself but I didn't know when was a good time. I guess i'll tell you now. But you already know and- oh my god, sorry i'm rambling.' Devyn said, feeling self conscious.

'No, carry on, it's cute.'

Devyn blushed. Stop you have a boyfriend.

'Anyway. His names Jack. He's the one from the music store in New York. Oh that reminds me, i'm going to New York for a week so I can help Jack pack.'

'Pack?' Jess asked, raising an eyebrow.

'Yes. Jack is moving to stars hollow. Isn't that exciting?'

No, Jess thought.

'Oh yeah.'

'I'm sorry i'm leaving as soon as you got here but i'll be back as quick as possible.' Devyn grinned.

'I'm sure you will.'

Just at that moment Jack himself walked over. Jess noticed first and started glaring.

'Hey Dev.' Devyn turned around, smiling. 'Who's this? Wait. Your the guy who went with her to the music shop.'

Jess nodded.

'Jack this is Jess. Jess this is Jack.'

Jack stuck out his hand for Jess to shake. Jess looked at his hand but didn't make a move to shake it.

Jack retracted his arm in embarrassment. 'Well me and Devyn have to get back. Sookie wants some pictures with you, Rory and Lorelai.'

Devyn nodded. 'Ok. Sorry Jess. I'm so glad your back but i'll see you in a week, yeah?'

'Yeah. See ya Angel.'

Jack swung his arm over Devyn shoulder and the couple walked away from Jess.

'Bye Mom. I'll call as soon as I get there.' Devyn said, hugging Lorelai. She let go and moved over to her sister. 'Bye Ror. See you in a week.'

'Bye Dev.'

Devyn waved as she walked out the Gilmore house and over to Jacks car. She got in, sparing one last look at the two standing by the door.

Jack started the car and drove off.

'It's going to be nice. A week of just us two.' Jack said, 'Even if most is filled with packing.'

Devyn nodded, 'It will be.' She thought it would, but she couldn't help but feel slightly distracted. A certain teen boy was in the back of her mind.

And he wouldn't go away.

Authors notes

Short chapter!!
Pretty chill.
I'm excited to write the next few
chapters.
i've been planning them
whilst in my classes
at school.
science gets pretty boring these
days.

-J

(Chapter not edited)