18: 24 hour dance

It was the day of the dance.

Lorelai had her arms around Rory and Devyns shoulders. Rory was nearly asleep whereas Devyn was wide awake.

Lorelai turned to Rory, 'How you doing there, champ?'

'Early.'

'Yes it is a tad early.' Lorelai said. She turned to Devyn. 'Amd how are you?'

'Happy.' Devyn said.

'There's no sun.' Rory mumbled.

'Well he is not up yet.' Lorelai said, squeezing Rory's shoulder.

'I can't even open my eyes.'

'There isn't anything to see anyway.' Devyn spoke.

The trio walked up to the stand there Babette was.

'Morning Babette.' Lorelai said, cheerily.

'Oh, morning sugar. You guys look terrific.' Babette said handing Lorelai a clipboard.

'Oh thank you.' Lorelai said, signing the clipboard.

Rory leaned on Devyns shoulder, 'Babette can I lie on the table while mom signs in.'

'Not an early bird?' Babette said. She turned to Devyn. 'I see you are.'

'I'm not normally but i've had two cups of coffee so far.' Devyn said. Babette laughed.

'Ok now you two,' Babette said, pointing to Rory and Lorelai, 'Go get you physicals, bring your realise forms inside and they' give you your number.'

'Thanks. Come on snoozy.' Lorelai turned to Devyn, 'You going to find Luke?'

'Yep. See you inside.' Devyn said waving as she walked in. Her gaze wondered over to the coffee stand was. She walked over.

'Hey Lucas.'

'Devyn hey.' Luke said handing her a cup of coffee.

'Oh third cup of the day thanks.' Devyn said, taking a sip. She reached into her jacket pocket and brought out Alice in wonderland.

'Third?!' Luke exclaimed. Devyn nodded.

'If you think I would wake up at this hour with no coffee, you are mistaken.'
Luke sighed, knowing it was no use trying to argue with the youngest Gilmore.

Lorelai and Rory walked over at that moment.

'Hey, we are dying, load us up.' Lorelai said.

'It isn't ready yet.' Luke said.

'But she has coffee.' Rory said pointing to Devyn.

'I brought it for her.'

'Aw Luke you are so nice to me.' Devyn said.

'What do you mean it's not ready?' Lorelai asked, 'It is six in the morning. Nothing says coffee like six in the morning.'

Luke looked around. He bent down and picked up a flask of coffee. 'You did not get this from me.' He said handing it to Lorelai.

'Then who do we send our kisses of gratitude to?' Lorelai said pouring some of the coffee into a cup.

'The eternal question asked yet again.'

'Thanks Luke.' Rory piped in.

Taylor spoke into the microphone telling everyone to get onto the floor as there was two minutes to go.

Devyn sat down on the floor and opened up her book and began to read.

Jess walked in, heading towards the coffee stand where Luke and Devyn where.