25: Leaving for New York

It was time for Devyn to leave. She was really excited, however, she was also really sad.

'I don't want to leave you.' She cried and she hugged her mom and sister.

'It's ok Dev.' Lorelai said. 'You'll come and visit.'

'You know,' Devyn said, looking up, 'This is the part where you say "i'll come and visit" not the other way around.' She laughed into her mothers shoulder.

'Are you going to see Jess before you leave?' Rory asked.

'Yes.' Devyn said. 'I might as well go now.' She let go of Lorelai and Rory. 'If I don't see you again, I love you both.'

'Bye Dev.' Rory said.

'Bye hun.' Lorelai added.

They both waved and Devyn got into her car and drove over to Luke's. She parked and got out. She walked over to the diner and opened to door.

'Hey Luke.'

'Oh hey Dev.' Luke said, 'Haven't left yet?'

'I'm just about to. Thought i'd pop in and say 'bye' to you and 'see you later' to Jess.' Devyn said going behind the counter. 'Well, bye Luke.' Devyn hugged Luke.

'Bye, kid.' He said, hugging her back.

After a moment, she let go and said she was going to find Jess. She walked up the stairs and into Luke's apartment.

She found Jess sat on the sofa, reading. She walked over and stood behind him.

'What you reading?' Devyn said leaning over his shoulder.

'A book.'

'Interesting.' Devyn said. 'Anyway, i'm leaving now.'

'Oh good riddance.' Jess said.

'I'm going to the same place you are. Remember when we walked passed these really nice apartments when I went to New York?' Devyn asked.

'Yes.'

'Well I got one and I remember you saying that you lived close to there.' Devyn said excitedly. Jess looked up at her after putting his book down.

'I can never escape you, can I?'

'Nope.' Devyn leaned forward going to kiss his cheek. He however moved his head slyly.

Devyn was surprised when their lips met. She froze for a moment before regaining herself and kissing him harder.

She pulled back. 'Ok, I really have to go but i'll see you, yeah?'

'Yeah.'

Just under two hours later, Devyn got to New York. She drove down the streets, trying to find her new apartment. Once finding it she parked her car and got out.

Devyn walked in, she got the paper that had her address on it to look for the number. 302. Second apartment on the third floor.

She got into the elevator pressing the button for her floor.

It reached the third floor and Devyn stepped out.

She walked along the corridor untill she got to the second door.

'Here you are.' Devyn said to herself. She put the key into the lock and turned it.

After unlocking it, she opened up the door. She walked in and shut the door behind her.

To her right was a kitchen. It was white with marble counters. Wow. To her left there was a small room. It wasn't big so she decided to make it a storage room.

Into of her their was a big room. This was the living room, Devyn decided. There was one wall that was darker to the rest that had a door in it. She opened it to find what she thought was a bedroom.

She walked in and looked around. This was definitely going to be her room. She noticed a closet on one side and a door on another. She opened the door to find a bathroom.

Once Devyn finished looking round the room she walked out into the living room.

She noticed there where more rooms. They where over by the storage room.

Devyn walked over to find two more rooms. One was a second bathroom and the other was an empty room. She decided this would be a spare bedroom incase anyone wanted to stay.

Her phone rang in her pocket. It was Lorelai.

'Okay, i've given you enough time. How's the apartment looking?'

'It's amazing. I love it.'

'That's good. That's great. Hey Rory, come say hi to Devyn.'

There was silence for a moment.

'Hey Dev.'

'Hi Rory.'

'How's the apartment?'

'It's so cool. I can't wait till you two see it. If you ever see it.'

'We will. We will. Eventually.'

'Uh huh. I'm holding you to that.'

'Of course. I'm going to go, see you later.'

'Bye.'

'Okay i'm back.' Lorelai said.

'Great.'

'Was that sarcasm.'

'Never. Anyway when is my stuff going to get here? I need a bed you know.'

'I mean it left like 15 minutes before you so-'

There was a knock at the door.

'Oh that could be them. Got to go, by mom, love you.'

She hung up the phone and opened the door. Some guys walked in carrying in Devyn's furniture.

Authors notes

Ok so chill chapter.
Devyn is now in New York yay.
I think there is
only going to be a few more
chapters left of this book.
The it will move onto the second one.
Woww.

-J

(Chapter not edited)