15: We are over

Devyn woke up to the sound of two people talking. She thought it was just Lorelai and Rory so she snuggled closer to what she was sleeping on.

That's when she realised she was not sleeping on her bed, in her room, but she was sleeping on a person. She opened her eyes and moved her head up to get a better look.

It was Jess.

Devyn gasped and tried to move but Jess just pulled her back.

'Go back to sleep.'

'No. I have to go.'

'Its 5:30 in the morning.' Jess said. 'Sleep now.'

Devyn sighed, putting her head down onto his shoulder. She remembered what happened yesterday and made up her mind to break up with Jack after school.

10 minutes later she fell back asleep.

'I need to call my mom.' Devyn said frantically. 'No wait I need to go home. No I need to go to school. No-'

'Relax.' Jess placed his hand on her shoulder, guiding her towards the apartment door. 'Go home.'

'Ok.'

They both walked down the stairs and into the diner. Not many people where there. However, two of the biggest gossipers in stars hollow where sat on the table closest to them. Miss Patty and Babette both turned to look at Devyn and Jess with wide eyes.

'Uh oh.' Devyn whispered. 'Anyway. See you later?'

'Yeah.'

Devyn walked out the diner and into the street. She walked up to her house and let her self in. 'Mom. Rory. Your favourite daughter/sister is back.'

Lorelai and Rory rushed out the kitchen and met Devyn in the hallway. They both gave her a death grip hug.

'You ok, hun?' Lorelai said pulling back slightly.

'Yes mom.'

'You did stay at Luke's right?'

'Yes mom.'

'And your ok now?'

'Yes mom.'

'Okay good.' Lorelai pulled her into a hug again.

'Dev. Are you going to break up with Jack?' Rory asked.

'Is that even a question.' Devyn replied, half smiling.

'Ok now you two, school now.' Lorelai said, pushing both of the out.

'Wait. Wait.' Devyn said, pushing her way in. 'I need to change.'

'Oh yeah.'

Devyn quickly changed out of last nights clothes and into some jeans and a shirt. Slipping on her jacket and grabbing her bag she made her way back outside.

'Ok now we can go.'

The finale bell had rung, signalling it was the end of another school day.

Devyn walked around to find Lane's class as she promised Lane she would walk her home.

They found eachother outside of Lanes locker and hurried out of school.

'Hey, why is there a crowd over there?' Lane asked, pointing towards a group of people.

Devyn didn't answer, trying to see. She quickly rushed over there as soon as she figured out what all the commotion was about. Lane followed behind her.

They got there just as Dean tried to pull Jess out of the fight. Devyn only then noticed that the other person in the fight was Jack.

'Jess.' Devyn yelled. Jess turned to her immediately. 'What the hell are you doing?'

Before Jess could answer Jack spoke up. 'Why are you so concerned about him? Babe your going out with me, not him.'

'Yeah not anymore, cheater. We are over.' Devyn yelled, glaring right at Jack. She turned back to Jess, who was now standing close to her. 'What the hell are you thinking? Sorry Lane is it ok if I take him to Luke's. Yeah? Ok thanks.'

Devyn pulled Jess' arm and they both walked too Luke's.

'Why did you do that?' Devyn asked.

'Because.'

'I told you not to.' Devyn said, exasperatedly.

'Huh.'

Devyn rolled her eyes at his lack of response and opened the door of the diner. Luckily Luke wasn't in sight.

Devyn pulled Jess up the stairs into Luke's apartment and pushed him inside.

'Where's the bathroom?'

Jess pointed in the direction of it. He followed Devyn in and leaned against the counter.

Devyn grabbed some tissue and put it under the running water. 'You aren't injured badly. Give me your hand.'

Jess gave her his hand.

Devyn toke it a pressed the tissue against his knuckles to wipe of the slight amount of blood there. She looked up to see if his face was ok. She was taken aback at how close they where. Her breathing quickened as he looked in her eyes and then adverted his gaze to her lips. She got butterflies in her stomach. Was this really about to happen?

Devyn looked away, letting go of his hand. 'There. Your face is fine.' She chucked the tissues into the trash can next to her and turned back to Jess, him not looking her in the eye. 'Next time, if there is ever a next time, don't go punching him. Please.'

Jess nodded, finally looking Devyn in the eyes. 'Yeah, Yeah. Whatever.'

Authors notes

I realised half way through this
that the diner was on
friday and they are going to school
on a Saturday.
uh please ignore that and imagine
that it is a school day.
ok thanks.

-J

(Chapter not edited)