Midnights Became the Afternoon

IT ALL FELT LIKE NOTHING was working for her to sleep. No matter what she did to try and get herself to sleep, she thought it would be easier for her fall asleep to the sound of silences and waves crashing outside only it wasn't enough.

Back home she would fall asleep to gunshots and police sirens and the EL train passing by, it was too quiet here and she hated it, well she didn't necessarily hate just more of disliked, yes the silence was nice but it wasn't home

"Oh my god seriously." Brandy groans putting her hands to her head, she runs her fingers through her hair, she looks to clock on her bedside the time reading five in the morning. She groans, letting her head hit her pillow sighing irritated. She hated not being able to sleep. 

"Fuck." She whispers turning on her side closing her eyes. Nothing, it wasn't working for her, she shoves the pillow over her face yelling in frustration. The pillow muffled her screams. she removes it looking to the white popcorn ceiling. 

Brandy looks to her balcony. She moves her sheet over as she opens her sliding door, a white brick concrete formed around the small beach apartment. One of the nicest thing she could ever afford in her life.

When she was fifteen she would joke with Fiona, that one day they would live out a Sex and The City fantasy on a beach. With both of them working as cocktail waitresses, and sleeping with all the surfers, hoping to find the rich guy to save the both of them. 

She did get a beach, Just no Fiona. Everyday Brandy missed her older sister, having been born only two years after Fiona, the two of them were close, having both had to raise their siblings together. Fiona more than Brandy, who tried as much as she could to help her.  The day her older sister left her she took a bit of her with. She would get postcards and texts from her only it seemed that the location that she was at seemed to vary on each one she receives. 

Brandy shivers feel the bitter morning air nipping at her cheek. She looks on at the road seeing few people driving and few people walking. She closes her eyes for a moment, she take's a breath turning around on her heels looking to her suitcase. she taps the balcony, she run's in, grabbing her shoes and maroon zipper jacket. 

With her keys in her jacket and phone in her pocket. She slam's her door behind her as she rushes down the stairs. 

 she can feel the wind against her face as her heartbeat plays in her ear. Her feet on the ground is heard to her as she passes buildings that remained dark as the sun peeked through the morning night sky. She pants as she turns a corner onto the sand. 

Brandy pants as she can feel it squish under her feet. The tiredness she felt was begging to come to her as she passes by the ocean. The waves crashing beside her, grabbing at her to stop. Passing in and out through the sand, she finally comes to a stop in front of a lifeguard post.