Nobody Said It Was Easy

DON'T CHICKEN OUT she repeated to herself as she flew along the canyon simulation with her wingman right behind following after, she grunts as she turns herself to the right hard and back to the left forcing herself into the window of her F-18, she pants repeating the same pattern. 

"How we doing on time Ajax?" Brandy asks greeting through her teeth through her turn , she pants as the continuing on their way to their target, she remembered what Maverick showed them and she knew it was gonna be hard but not impossible. If she can do this then she can do anything else, at least that's what she is thinking. It won't matter if she does prove herself there still the chance of something going wrong, its not just time against them all anymore its the world itself. 

"We are at two minutes, we got to move." 

"Copy increasing speed." She announces as she accelerates feeling the pressure increase on her body, she grunts through her pain shaking it off looking to her navigation simulator, she was at one minute and fifty two seconds and dropping fast.

"We got this." She whispers, she could hear her breathing heavy through her masks, she looked to the navigation again, it felt like the time was following her physically through each turn and grunt,  I can do this, I can do this. 

"Be prepared to pop."Red Wing orders, she copies with the order from her wingman as she is readies herself for the steep dive and rise into the target valley. She looks seeing the the terran around her change as she looks to the simulation as the mountain climb was beginning to come up, she closes her eyes taking a deep breath trying to ground herself and focus on what is coming.  

"Popping now, Three, Two, One!" She shouts, she grips her flight control as she raises herself and her plane high turning herself over, she groans quietly through her mask as she realigns as the target valley now laid in sight for her and her wingman. She grunts as she eyed the target below, she thumbed her trigger to release her missile waiting for her laser. 

"Where are we on that Laser Ajax?" 

"Deadeye, Deadeye."He shouts to her making her eye the ground in frustration on the lateness. "i'm trying Daredevil." 

"Come on Jax, Come on." Red Wing encourages him, he pants looking for the problem trying to save it, her green eyes were desperately darting around her as she felt her neck hair stand up as she looks on at the target. 

"

"We are running out of time!" She shouts reminding him, she could feel her heart racing  as the sounds of her breathing clouded the radio. "Ajax!" 

"I'm trying!" He pleads, he pants as he tries everything to get the machine to focus, he closes his eyes as his hearts race in his ears loudly, he takes a deep breath as he tries to center himself, he opens his eyes as a wave of calmness comes over him as he clicks his gears again as the laser beeps with lock.