This Is Where We Get Off

THE BRUNETTE TURNED OVER on her side looking at her alarm, she sees the time on her blue alarm clock, five thirty two in the morning, she lets out a shaky sigh as goosebumps cover her arms up and down. She can hear faint sound of her air conditioning unit running along with quiet snore from her couch. In about hour she would have get herself and the man sleeping on in her living room up, she had to get to catch her bus before seven, a part of her wanted to stay behind but she knew that she can't just leave her family, though she deserved to be happy.

Her blue eyes dart around the room as she stared off with heavy eyelids, she had a few minutes left to sleep, she couldn't sleep, not with her thoughts racing  faster than what she could keep up with. Its funny to her in profession she had to be aware of everything around otherwise she would be in trouble, she hated knowing what she wanted but that she can't have it. 

She grabs her phone from her side, she mindless scroll's through her instagram feed, which consisted of random people's lives and occasionally political stuff, she only ever scrolled on the app to past time she dosent post often. Brandy look up hearing the sound of tossing and turning on her couch. 

"Seriously." She whisper's, annoyed at his ability to sleep almost anywhere, growing up in her house you couldn't just nap anywhere.

"How does he do that?" She ask's, she sighs laying her head on her cold pillow. 

She stared up at her ceiling, her stomach churned with anxiety. Dude just try and sleep, you know that sleeping on a bus is almost impossible, she thinks to herself gulping as she dozed off. You already know you might had the ride home, you could just stay, she think's over again, she groaned quietly. 

"Fuck it." She whisper's, she moves her plaid comforter away, she felt the cold breeze hit her bare legs as she stepped on her carpet, she flip's on the lightswitch in her kitchen, the orange light illuminated her counter. 

She rubs her eye's before she opens her coffee maker putting water into the machine, she was thankful that she hadn't used to much of her packet's over the last few week's of her training, she was gonna need as much as she could to get for her two day trip back home. 

She glanced to her board of her picture's, she can see a postcard from San Diego posted on the board, she wasn't sure why she kept it as was the one thing she had ever actually gotten from Monica, that she hoped wasn't stolen, on the back it had some poem that the women may have plagiarized from someone, talking about forgiveness and traveling souls.

Brandy reached into her cabinet pulling out a dark blue chicago cubs mug. She poured the dark brown substance into the cup. She looked over to her couch seeing that Bob was still asleep, she smiled to herself as she started getting a sense deja vu of the day of when her sister, Fiona had permanently left chicago.

She couldn't go back to sleep and she just ended up hanging out in the kitchen. Both of them talked about how dramatic Frank was acting over his injury, she wished that it wasn't the last time she was gonna see her.