Look For The Light

Look For The Light

BRANDY COULD hear the L train in the distance, she grumbles picking up her phone and checking the time, seven in the morning, she had to get herself back into her old routine, usually she would be at her training being debriefed and then she would be in a plane in a few minutes after. She had been home for a week and she was missing her everyday schedule. She would trade her F-18 over being heckled by old people telling her she isn't getting their food fast enough. 

She grabs her sports bra from her dresser and slipped on a muscle tee with an American Flag printed across, she grabs her athletic black jacket and her tennis shoes. She stands up opens her door walking into the hallway down the steps, she looks into the kitchen seeing her brother Ian. 

"Morning." She greets him, he tiredly waves to her. "Where are you going?" Ian ask's her, she tightens her laces on the chair. 

"I'm going for a run I'm trying to get to the beach today," Brandy explains. He nod's putting down his coffee. "Want some company?" Ian asks her, she scoffs at his questions. 

"Won't your husband wonder where you went?" She wonders, he shakes his head. "I don't think he will care, let me get my running shoes." He tells her she nods her head, he head's up stair's leaving her in the quiet kitchen with the smell of fresh coffee. 

she reaches into one of the cabinets pulls out her Cub's mug, she pours the fresh hazelnut coffee into the cup, she turned out grabbing creamer from the fridge and pouring it into her cup. She sighs as she sipped the warm drink. She can feel her legging pocket buzzing with unread messages as she shut her phone off in the night. 

Three unread message's from Bob, Two from Phoenix and Rooster, Five from Redwing and Ajax, One message from Maverick, and various texts from her siblings. She shakes her head as she opens the top text, Wait did you mean later in the year?

She smiled at the text from the quiet man, Yes well really any time would be good for you to visit, she type, she can hear steps coming down to her, she quickly hid her phone back into her pocket, she had not found the time to tell anyone that she had a boyfriend now. 

"You good to go?" Ian asks, she smirks nodding her head.

"Let's get out before the morning rush happens." She ushers him, he shakes his head as she led the way for the both of them. She opens the front door of the Gallagher house opening to the morning sunlight. 

"Hey say I will race you on the beach." He suggests, she scoffs at his competitiveness. 

"Well I will have you know I kicked multiple naval airmen's asses in dogfight football on  a beach." She tells him with a cocky tone.