Lost in Paradise

Lost in Paradise 

SHE KEPT HER TIGHT GRIP on her bike handle as she weaved in and out of the San Diego traffic, the wind blew her jacket as she passed through the green light into the right side of the road, she was thankful that her hair was short and in her helmet as the wind would just make her eyes water and she was fighting every urge she had to wanna drive off from the beach town and go awol as she know tomorrow she was gonna go back to training like usual for a mission she had no clue on whether or not she was gonna be chosen for. 

It would be a Gallagher move to just up and leave something just because of fear, it would make her come full circle in the messed up cycle of abuse that was her life for the past twenty nine years she had been alive. Could she do it though, give up everything she had been working for and just go back home with the Military Police after her making her look over her shoulder everyday forever. Would be better than being dead. 

Her eyes dart to her fuel gage to see that she was close to being empty, she scoffs shaking her head. 

"Of course." She grumbles through her helmet. 

She pulls into the nearest gas station pulling up to the first pump next to a red car. She puts her kickstand down leaning the bike back on the ground as she swing her leg over the seat. She grunts unbuckling her helmet shaking her hair placing it on her handle. She takes out her lanyard pulling out credit card and punching in for fuel, she removes her gas cap putting the nozzle of the hose in letting it fill up. 

"Please hurry up." She whispers out loud leaning against the pump, she sighs pulling out her phone opening google, she types in distance to Chicago from San Diego, the text showing a thirty one hour drive time, if she were to leave now she would get as far as Las Vegas, she shakes her head at the idea putting her phone back in her pocket. 

"Don't be stupid, Brand." She scolds herself in a whisper, she leans off the pump as she hears the nozzle click making her let out a sigh of relief at how quick it was, she turns around with the hose in hand placing it back into the pump slot, her eyes looks seeing a familiar back of someones head. 

He looks around him, his eyes meet her own, he seems shocked that by chance the both of them were at the same gas station at night, she huff shaking her head. "Hey." 

"Uh..hi." He gives a small wave taking his hand off the gas nozzle. "Late night drive?" 

She shrugs her shoulders. "I guess you could say that." 

"Are you doing the same or just refueling?" Brandy wonders pointing at his car, he smiles nervously at the question. "I dont really know." 

"I just wanted to clear my head a little bit, this seems to help." Bob admits to her, she blinks in disbelief at the confession from him, the both of them seemed to have the same idea of wanting to blow off steam.  "Great minds think alike."