Sleep, I Hardly Know Her

BRANDY SCROLLS BORED through her instagram feed, she hated that she once again was right about not being able to sleep, she has now accepted that for the next week and half this will be her life. Train during the day and then come back to her apartment, either have a drink and watch tv, sometimes she would go to the hardeck by herself and sit on the deck just drinking away her pain. Brandy knew that if she were home someone would make the remark of her starting to remind them of her father Frank, she was far from being him having the chance of not being alcoholic because she has more control than him, she knew that she did get one thing from him and that was anger. 

She sighs, her eyes dart to the teal blue alarm clock on her right reading ten-forty, even after a day that was fun to her she still wasn't able to fall asleep,She sits up in her bed looking around her quiet apartment. Her thumb glides to the icon in the bottom of her screen opening her texts clicking on the bird icon for Rooster. 

You up??? She types, she patiently taps her thumb on the side of the phone as she waits for a reply, the screen stays the same as the bubble for type dont appear, she tries the other contacts to see if anyone else she knew was up. 

"Seriously, no one!" Brandy exclaims in a whisper, she rolls her eyes leaning her head on her wall in defeat. 

"I'm so done with this detachment shit." She grumbled. 

"I'm freaking twenty nine years old and i'm missing home like some kid at camp, I should be fucking fine not waiting to go home." She states out loud to herself.

She grabs her phone again looking up the nearest convenience store near her, getting cravings for pretzels and sprite, a pop would be better for her then a beer at ten. 

Brandy in huff grabs a pair of grey sweatpants and an black athletic jacket with the Sox semblable on the breast. perfect outfit for a quick run for snacks, she quickly slipped on her Black nikes and grabbed her lanyard with her can of pepper spray and taser. She stuff in her pocket. 

The brunette could feel her heart pounding in her ears as she begin to run down the street, no exact destination but an idea of when she was gonna stop and slow down, she grunts through her pants as the sweat trickled down her back and her muscles begin to tense up from her lack of a stretch. 

⍧⍧⍧

The beeping from the register can be heard as she opens the cooler door to the sodas, she reaches for the green sprite can before letting the door close behind her, she walks down the aisle of candy picking up the winter green extra gum, she found that the gum was helpful for her in the morning before her debriefings. Brandy lets her fingers graze over the the other candies as she makes her way to the chip aisle. 

The brunette grabs her snack of choice as she hears the sounds of the bell to the gas station open up, the sound brought back her memories of working on the Southside when she was fifteen till she turned eighteen quitting her job for college.