𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Epilogue

Epilogue

THE SUN had started to set on the fighter town, the light shined through the window of the bar and illuminated the floor with an orange hue, she had been working since one o clock in the Hard Deck. Penny offered her a job five month's ago when she first moved to San Diego, it was different for her living in a place that was far removed from the dangerous south side she had lived in for years. 

Her first few months were a bit of a rough one, she had a familiar feeling of homesickness for a while, living in her old apartment till she got enough money to afford somewhere different, she thought if she was gonna move on with her life that maybe she shouldn't live in an occasional apartment if she was gonna stay in San Diego permanently. 

The brunette cleaned the glass, her sun tattoo visible on her wrist and on her upper arm, a vine with sunflower wrapped around her arm. Soft rock music playing behind her, the night rush was going to begin, and she was getting herself ready. 

"Hey, Brandy," Penny says, she turn's her head. "Yeah, boss." She says earning a chuckle from the older woman. 

"Have you refilled the ice yet?" She asks her, she sucks air through her teeth. "Not yet but I will get it soon," Brandy tell's her, she smiles softly at her. 

"I did though work out the taps,"Brandy tells her boss, she smirks nodding her head in approval. "I got sprayed twice yesterday morning so in case you wanted a wet t-shirt contest, I fixed it." She drapes a towel over her shoulder. 

"You do too much you know that," Penny tell her, she smiles and shrugs. " The best for you." She tells her, and she goes back to cleaning the glasses. 

Unlike back in Chicago, she didn't feel as miserable when working, she was happier, she chopped it up to the entire state being sunny, back home she couldn't ever predict the weather, it was either bad or good, with no in-between. Now when she served drink she always seemed to have a smile on her face. 

Brandy look's to the entrance of the hard deck, hearing someone sit down at the end of the bar, she smirks are seeing a now familiar patch jacket, Maverick, sit's her glass down walking to the end. 

"Well look who decided to drop in." She teases, and he shakes his head at her remark. "What can I get you old man?" Brandy asks him, and he scoffs. 

"Old man, really?" He asks her, she shrugs with a mischievous smirk. "Just stating a fact." She jokes, and he sighs shaking his head. 

The two of them, Although their friendship had started off rocky, now it was promising as they both shared a few traits and one thing, rather a person in common now, and she supposed after he saved her best friend and they almost died together, they're bonded for life. 

"Seriously rethinking your tip," Maverick tells her, her jaw drop's in shock. "Oh come on, that's not fair." Brandy rebuttals. Penny shakes her head at the pair, deciding to intervene, she pat's the brunette's shoulder.