That Heroic Feeling I Was Looking For

FRANK WAS RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING, patience was something she didn't have. At the moment she didn't have the patience to wait for new's of them finding her friend's body or his wrecked plane. Brandy's knee bounced up and down as she sat in her seat, she chewed on her thumbnail trying to calm herself down to no avail. Why didn't you go after him? She asks herself. 

Shut up. She bit her lip hard, she knew they were gonna bleed again but she didn't care anymore, not like any of them were really paying attention to her as they all sat patiently waiting. She lets out a shaky breath as she stared at the door, they had placed almost all of them into a type of break room till there was new's, in that moment she wished that she wasn't in the quiet  room and she went back for her best friend.

So much being a Daredevil, can't even save your own friend. Her nose scrunches up in anger, her own thoughts were louder than what she wanted them to be, whenever everything was to much her thought were her own enemy. It wasn't the first time her thoughts got the better of her. After her mom had tried to end her own life, Brandy blamed herself for not seeing the obvious signs that something was wrong with her, when she was sitting in the lobby of the hospital even though she comforted her siblings she was still angry at herself.  You know you could have done more, you should have done more.

Out of the corner of her eye she can see someone take a seat next to her, she kept her stare's straight not caring who it was, all she wanted was to be alone and she couldn't get it, she thought people would take the hint that she wanted to be left alone and nothing more. The young woman sigh's heavy. Politely go away, She think chipping at the top of her nail. 

She feel's as someone lace's their fingers with her free hand, goosebumps cover her arms as her heart skipped a beat in surprise, she turns her head seeing, A familiar pair of eyes looking into her own, her lips form a thin line looking to her hand, she moves her fingers wrapping them around his. She wasn't one to be comforted, she was usually the one doing it having spent years of her life doing it. 

Her eyes looked between their conjoined hands, This isn't to bad, she think's as she felt her nerves settle slightly, her thought's still ate her as she looked forward. She felt like she getting a sense of Deja Vu, waiting impatiently for bad news, it was the same as the morning she had found Frank crying over Monica's dead body, she thought that she had just passed out when they took her to the hospital and she just thought it was gonna be another episode, where she would find out her Mom was off her medication, not this time she was actually gone. 

Only difference is Brandy wasn't upset that she was gone, she did feel some remorse to her mother, only it was very small,She was able to keep a brave face and powered through it. This time was different if she loses Bradley should would never forgive herself, he was one of the few things in her messed up life that made her feel sane. He was a true friend to her and that's something that was hard for her to come by.