25~ Norman knows

Norman Held the string telephone in his hand and smiled thinking of the beautiful memories he had with his friends, though everything must come to an end eventually. The bedroom door opened to reveal Don and Gilda standing there with worried looks. Norman Just smiled at them and placed the string telephone inside of his suitcase.

"Thanks for waiting Mama" Norman said as he walked down the stairs in his jacket, white shirt, red tie and brown pants. Mama turned around to see the boy standing on the stairs with the large suitcase in his hand. "Sure, let's go Norman" Mama said. "Everyone is waiting"

As the two arrived outside the dining hall by the front door they were met with all the sad faces of the children. Emma, y/n, Gilda and Don stood at the back of the room. Emma kept her head down not wanting to look at her best friend. Y/n stood there with tears in her eyes and Don and Gilda both carried worried looks.

"Don't get sick okay?" "I hope your family will be nice to you!" The children all said. Sherry ran up to Norman and gave him a big hug as she cried. "Norman!" She cried "Sherry please don't cry, you should say goodbye with a smile on your face okay?" "Okay..." Sherry said trying to keep up a smile. "Norman..." Phil said walking up to the boy. "Phil, do me a big favour and take care of Emma okay?" "Okay..." Phil said with a sad smile. Mama turned to look at the four oldest who were clearly very upset.

"Y/n where is Ray?" Mama said. "The infirmary, he didn't want to say goodbye" "I see" Mama said. "Don, Gilda, take care of Ray, y/n and Emma okay?" Norman said standing up. "You got it" Don said with a smile. Norman walked up to the four. "Y/n, try cheer Ray up okay? I know you can do it. You always have. Stay strong, you are more powerful than you think" Norman said as y/n nodded with tears in her eyes. "And Emma, the rest is up to you now" Norman said lowering his head and picking up his suitcase. "It's been fun everyone, I'll miss you!" Norman said with a smile. "Bye Norman!" "We will miss you" "Good luck Norman!" The children cheered as Norman walked to the door.

Emma couldn't take it anymore. "Norman wait!" She screamed as she let go of her crutches and ran towards the boy. "Emma!" Y/n yelled. Emma jumped and hugged the boy tightly. "Emma-" "I'll distract Mama so please just run away!"'Emma said lifting the device Ray made to Normans ear. Norman let go and took the device out of Emma's hand as she fell to the floor.

"Look I know You're reckless but this is crossing the line!" "Shut up! I won't let you go!" Emma screamed. "What's wrong?" One of the children asked confused. "Why can't you understand Emma? I didn't want you to keep me from leaving this place. I just wanted you to send me off with a smile. So please understand how I feel" Norman said sadly. Emma grabbed his hand "No! I can't respect those feelings! Especially if you don't really want this!" Emma argued. Normand eyes widened and his face filled with sadness and a sad smile.

"You're crazy, Emma. Reckless and unreasonable. Naive and immature, but honest. Honesty, that's why I..." Norman put his hand on Emma's cheek. "It's time Norman" Mama said putting his hat on his head. "Okay Mama" Norman said leaving Emma on the floor. "W-wait!" Emma called "Emma calm down. I get that you'll miss him but you're getting too hotheaded" Mama said leaning closer to Emma's ear. "Cause any more trouble and I'll kill you" Mama said making Emma gasp. "Just give up" Mama said. "Before we go Mama can I say my last goodbye to Emma?" Norman asked picking up her crutches. "Oh, yes of course. Hear that Emma? " Mama said standing at the door.

Norman reached his out for Emma to take. "Emma, thank you" Norman said holding onto her hand. "Yeah.." Emma said quietly staring at the floor. "Sorry I tricked you. Make sure to heal up and don't be reckless" "okay..." "stay healthy" "yeah.." "it's up to you now" Norman said as he handed the box to Emma pulling her into one last hug. "Don't ever give up"

Mama and Norman walked down the hallway and as Norman looked up at the stairs he was met with Ray who held a sad expression with his arms crossed. Norman smiled and he and Mama left.