38~ nicknames

Ray, Y/n, Emma, Don, Gilda, Nat, Thoma and Lanni were in the reference room studying books.

"Antenna, one eyed sleepy head, bean pole, rigid four eye, curry ingredient, pizza ingredient, nose and Rapunzel" Emma listed out all of the unusual nicknames the nameless man had labelled them. "Who got Rapunzel?" Gilda asked. "Y/n did. She got a good one" Ray said as he rolled his eyes. "I think one eyed sleepy head is cute" y/n said with a smile. "That's a total lie" Ray said, handing a pile of books to Emma. "No it's not" y/n said, waving her hands in the air, her actions making Ray laugh quietly.

"How horrible! Why are ours such careless nicknames?" Thoma cried. "That man isn't willing to learn our names one bit" Gilda said as she patted his back. "Why do you look so satisfied, Nat?" Ray asked the boy who was leaning against a bookshelves. "He called me nose! He recognised my amazing nose!" The boy said with a grin.

"It's one thing that he won't learn our names, but he really won't tell us his. And he's so adamant about it" Emma said nervously. "He doesn't want to get involved with us" Ray added, putting a pile of books on the table. "He wants to stay strangers..." y/n said.

The younger children ran into the reference room and sat on the floor.
"I think I figured it out. It's not just this switch, everything in this shelter...can be used to threaten the old geezer. Thanks for the report Alicia" Ray said with a smile, ruffling her hair. "Hey?! Did you make her to some risky experiment?! Alicia why did you agree?!" Gilda shouted. Alicia smiled and closed her eyes. "Don't worry I won't do it anymore. Because everything here is important to him, right?" She said. "And we haven't broken his rules" Dominic said. "It's boring that we can't explore though" said Rossi. "He told us to get lost and gave us some weird nicknames" Mark added.

"And when we kept asking his name, he yelled at us" Yvette laughed. "Just don't go near him anymore" Gilda gave out. "Either way we were able to pull in the man  for our journey to find Minerva" y/n said. "Escape and rescue. We need to do both within two years. And if we are taking all of the Grace Field kids...it'll be impossible to hide that many in this shelter  after the rescue. We need to secure the method of escape as soon as possible and then do everything we can before attempting the rescue within two years. We don't even know if we can find Minerva. We have no time to DillyDally" Ray said, flicking through a book. "There's no way we're using the old geezers experience. Actually, we definitely need it for our objective"

"And also, this is our opportunity to learn how a human survived for thirteen years alone" Emma added. "Either way, that man's agreeing to come was a step in the right direction. And we got through it thankfully" y/n said with a smile. Gildas expression turned worried "Do you think he will actually help? Until you guys meet and find Mr. Minerva? He seems to have no problem with killing us. What if he just agreed for now and is waiting for the chance to kill you three?!" Gilda asked. "It's likely...of course the geezer would think that. Or maybe he wants us brats to go through a horrible experience outside" Ray said. "Huh?!" Don asked panicked.

"And that's fine. It was important for him to agree or now. That's the only way we can get him to take action. We still don't understand his intentions. We're both going to try and figure out each-other to use this situation to our advantage. That's what the trip is going to be. Obviously it would have been better...if we could've cooperated as fellow escapees instead of resorting as threats" Emma said. "He was the one who pulled a gun to my head" said y/n.

"He's also rushing us to leave" Ray added, looking up from his book. "We need to read everything here and pack for the trip. And in four days leave for A08-63" y/n said, opening a book.

One day before departure ~

The nameless man was standing inside the abandoned bedroom, full of bunk beds and writing on the wall. He was staring at all the scribbles drawn onto it. "Sir...can you tell me what poachers are?" Y/n asked, standing at the doorway. "Stay out of my sight and don't wander around to begin with. I'm not your friend" He said coldly. "I want to ask you what poachers are? Did you ever reach A08-63? Why did you quit searching? How is your friends get taken out?" Y/n asked. "Why should I tell you? It's a secret" the man said. Y/n stood there in disappointment.

"You're a good family. That's why I hate you. You get on my nerves and it makes me sick. I want you to disappear now. You can't even begin to understand how one decision can ruin everything. The fear of your ideas and decisions killing your friends. 'Live in the human world, with your entire family' is your decision correct? 'They're not useless' 'all of them are necessary'...I'm looking forward to seeing if you can say that after this journey...it's pathetic" The man said with a smirk.

"Follow me, bring Antenna and your sleepy head too" the man said as he walked passed y/n down the hallway.

Y/n, Ray and Emma followed the nameless man to the dining room. The man jumped onto the piano stool and grabbed an umbrella. "Huh?" Y/n said confused. The man opened the top of the piano then stuck the umbrella inside. "Hey what are you-?" Emma began. The nameless man pressed a button inside of the piano triggering a door to open beside it. "Woah" y/n said.  "This is the final preparation before we leave" the man said as he jumped down into the room.

Y/n, Ray and Emma looked inside of the room, inside of the secret room held hundreds of different weapons such as guns and swords. A ladder was the only way into the room. "Well come on then. Let's go on our journey to hell to find Minerva" The man said.

"An armory!" Emma said as her eyes widened. "I happened to come upon that mechanism on the piano by chance. When I arrived here the piano was slightly out of tune. I thought nobody would notice. So basically this room wasn't meant to be found easily" The man said as the trio followed behind him. "Why would Mr. Minerva prepare all of this?" Y/n asked.

"Choose your weapons. I don't care what Minerva intended. Or what any of this means, or who these weapons are for. We're going into enemy territory. Even though we are already in one. Where we're heading next will be different from this area or the forest near the farms. Now we're going into where they live. Even if you have weapons you'll die when you die. But we can put up a fight if we're armed. I won't save any of you. So choose anything you think will help you survive"'said the man.

He handed y/n a heavy gun which almost made her fall over but luckily Ray took the gun out of her hands. "I need something not too heavy...Sonju told us in order to survive we have to run. Even if we meet a demon we don't try to fight. Think about the best method to escape this area" y/n said remembering Sonjus words.

~~~~~~~~