57k special chapter

Thanks for 57k!! I love writing these flashbacks lol (i got inspiration for this from a chapter in the Manga when Ray gets a bad nightmare when he is little)

~~~~~

2036 ~ GraceFiled house Plant three

Ray shot up out of his bed with a gasp in a cold sweat. "Hey Ray? are you okay?" Jack rubbed his eyes looking at the boy in the other bed next to him. "I-I'm fine...sorry for waking you up" Ray trembled with tears in his eyes. "It's okay I'm bad at sleeping anyways" Jack smiled, lying back down in his bed pulling the covers over his head. "That was so real..." Ray whispered to himself as he hugged his knees close to his chest. "I hate these stupid nightmares" he sniffled.

The bedroom door creaked open as Mama tiptoed inside. "Is everything okay? It's the middle of the night.." she said. "It's fine. I just had a stupid nightmare" Ray said quickly, not wanting to give Isabella any attention. She sighed and sadly smiled. "Are you still having them? You told me they went away" she sat at the side of his bed. "They came back..but don't tell any of the other kids about them..it's embarrassing" Ray sighed, wiping his tears from his face with his sleeve. "I won't. What was it about? Sometimes telling your dreams aloud helps" Mama said.

"No...it was too horrible" Ray said, his eyes swelling with tears once again. "Oh my poor Ray" Mama pulled the boy closer to her as Ray weeped at her shoulder. "It's all alright. It was just a nightmare" she whispered.

"If you need me I'll be in my room, alright?" Mama smiled as she walked towards the door. Ray nodded in response as the door shut closed. Mama sighed with a sad expression and walked quietly back to her room.

A few moments after Mama left, Ray fell into his bed trying to fall asleep again...but the visions of his family dying in his nightmares haunted him. He couldn't sleep not a mind even close his eyes in the darkness and silence of the room. It was almost as if there was a monster under his bed waiting for him to fall asleep.

"I can't do this anymore!" Ray said, he jumped out of his bed and out of the room. Every creek against the wooden floorboards was a threat, a monster or demon was perhaps lurking in the shadows of the houses corners waiting to pounce. Rays mind was racing with the imaginary horrible outcomes he was thinking. He just kept walking all the way to the second bedroom.

Ray walked quietly into the bedroom and stopped beside a familiar bed. Y/n was fast asleep, practically hanging out of the bed about to fall off with her blanket thrown on the floor and her stuffed animal held tightly in her arms. "Y/n" Ray whispered loud enough, poking y/ns arm in attempt to wake her up. "Emma S-stop poking me it's not morning" y/n said, keeping her eyes closed, as she was still half asleep. "I'm not Emma" Ray said feeling slightly offended. "Huh? Ray?" Y/n opened her eyes slowly, as the figure of a boy became more clear. "Sorry for waking you up-" "yeah I was in the middle of a really good dream! I was riding a giraffe with Emma" y/n yawned, making Ray laugh a little.

"Why are you in here anyways" y/n said, throwing her blanket over herself. "I uh...it's sort of embarrassing..but I had a really bad nightmare" Ray said hesitantly. "Was it about giant spiders? Clowns? Oh I know! It was about-" "can you two be more quite please?" Michelle loudly whispered in an annoyed tone from across the room. "Sorry!" The pair said at the same time.

"It doesn't matter you don't have to tell me, you can sleep here if you like! Though if I punch you in my sleep you'll have to forgive me" y/n whispered with a nervous smile. "It's fine I'll punch you back" Ray said, sitting up on the bed. "That's Fair I guess"

"Did Mama not help you fall back asleep after your bad dream?" Y/n asked. "She did but it was so vivid it was difficult to go back to sleep" Ray sighed, lying on his back beside y/n. "Don't worry I have bad dreams too" y/n smiled. "I'm surprised. I thought you only dreamt of unicorns and giraffes" Ray rolled his eyes. "No that's Emma. I dream of living in castles! Recently I had this dream where I was sleeping in this really fluffy white bed right? And the room was so pretty it was full of flowers and pictures of people I don't know...but there was a balcony" y/ns eyes sparkled as she thought of her dream. Ray just listened.

"It's nice to know at least someone is sleeping peacefully" Ray said. "I'm sure your dreams will get better, if your mind is clear of scary or bad thoughts then you should be okay! Just think of things you love and everything will be fine" y/n whispered. Ray nodded. "I'm gonna go back to sleep and dream of happy things, like us all being happy together" y/n smiled, closing her eyes as she hugged her stuffed animal close to her chest. "I'll try...thanks y/n" ray smiled weakly. "Of course! Good night Ray" Y/n said. "Night Y/n"

The next morning finally arrived and everyone was slowly but surely waking up. "Wake up everyone!!" Emma sang. "It's morning already?" Y/n rubbed her tired eyes. "Is Emma always this loud?" Ray asked. "Yep! Every day. Oh did you have a good dream?" y/n said. "Yeah..it was actually Fine" Ray said, standing up. "That's good! Did you think about good things? Like things you love?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, actually i did. It really helped. Thank you" Ray smiled. "Hopefully you won't have many more nightmares" y/n hugged the boy. "Yeah..i don't think I will"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any typos