26~ Lets Burn the house down

Days and weeks past by, Emma sat outside under the tree everyday at free time alone. She looked miserable, her eyes looked tired and her usual energy was drained. But in the mean time y/n and Ray stayed inside the library researching to find hidden codes or stories. The (h/c) haired girl didn't want to give up all hope just yet...maybe something would be hidden inside the pages of their books, there had to be something. "Ray there has to be a way..." y/n closed her eyes. "There's no use anymore y/n, all we can do is give up. There's no more hope" Ray sighed, throwing a book in his hands onto the table. "We can't give up I-" "Normans gone, Emmas stopped trying and I have too, all we can do is wait" Ray said. "But you worked so hard for freedom..you want to throw it all away?...I know Emma has given up and Norman is gone but there has to be a way for hope and we just have to figure it out!" Y/n said with a small spark of motivation in her eyes. Ray looked up at the girl and sighed. "If there was a way I would have already tried it by now. Let's not fight about this. For the last few weeks of living here I just want to remember it being well. Can we just pretend at least?" Ray asked. Y/n dropped the book on the table beside her. "I'm sorry everything has to be like this..what did we do to deserve this?" Y/ns voice became shaken as tears formed. She hugged the raven haired boy tightly. Ray closed his eyes and leaned his head on her shoulder. For the last few weeks they sat on the floor and enjoyed each-others company while it lasted. The last person Ray wanted to be with before he died was his best friend.

Eventually it turned the night of January 14th. Ray was sitting in the library with y/n who was now asleep peacefully. He looked down at the girl and smiled before he got up and walked to the boys bedroom. He grabbed a box from behind his bed and walked to the dining hall. He sat on the table humming the lullaby he knew his whole life waiting for the clock to strike midnight.

"Y/n, wake up" Emma said shaking the girl. "Wha- What are you doing Emma? Where is Ray?" Y/n asked with a yawn standing up, only to be dragged by Emma to the dining hall. The two girls walked into the hall. Ray sat at the table looking at their shadows at the door. "Why did you wake y/n up?" Ray asked bluntly , Emma ignored the question completely "I've been thinking this whole time. What should I do for Normans sake? And the answer was to do nothing" Emma said as Ray just stared at the girl unamused. "Mama told me to free myself of the pain. But...I will never ever give up. I won't let Norman die in vain. Will you, Ray?" Emma asked. "Emma where are you going with this?" Y/n asked. Emma put her hand on y/ns shoulder. "Just trust me" Emma said.

Ray sighed and jumped off the table. "Seems like Emma and I are on the same page then" He said. "Let's run away. I came to talk about that" Emma said. "I wanted to talk to you about it too. The past two months I've barely been talking to anyone except y/n. Since we always were together since kids it wasn't a big communication deal for Mama to worry about. She is also the last person I wanted to spend my last weeks with" Ray said. Y/n lowered her head in sadness as Emma began to speak. "Yeah I didn't want Mama finding out our true intentions. So I stayed quiet" Emma said. "True intentions?" Ray asked. "Right. Mamas really cautious, even though the three of us weren't doing anything she still kept an eye on us but that's something we can use against her. If she stays focused on me then I can keep her eyes away from the other kids" Emma said. "Like Don And Gilda?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, I left them in charge. They are training the others and making preparations" Emma said. "How far along are you?" Asked Ray. "It's all ready. Supplies, food and warm clothing" Emma said. Y/ns eyes widened. "So you've been planing this whole time?" She asked as Emma nodded. "We can leave whenever" Emma said. "That's impressive, but how will you escape?" Ray asked crossing his arms. "Oh, don't worry. I've it all planned. Let's run tomorrow morning before you get shipped out"

Ray put his hand up. "Hold it. It's reckless to go out in the daylight. Things are a lot different than before. The escape should be at night" "But-" "Just hear me out. You should both sit down"