36~ Fairy Tales

After their meal the children explored some new rooms in the shelter. Nat found a piano and began to play it as the children sat on the floor. "Y/n! What's that?" Dominic asked, pointing to a purple book with gold writing. "I found this in the reference room! There is a lot of books in there and for some reason there are fairy tales! They were probably left here so  younger children don't feel bored" Y/n said with a smile. "Can you read it to use?" Jemima asked as the little children sat closer to y/n, surrounding her. "Yeah!" Y/n said as she opened the book.

"Once upon a time there was a little princess who lived with her family in a big castle. She lived a happy life full of smiles and laughter until one day war broke out in the kingdom. The war became intense and the royal Family didn't have time to look after the little princess so they sent her to a tower to stay for a few years until the war calmed down but they promised to bring her back as soon as she grew older and the fighting had stopped. The princess lived in the the castle for years and grew lonely... she looked out of her tower window every morning hoping she would be able to leave eventually and finally-" y/n said as she flicked to the next page.

"That's it...?" Y/n said confused. The next page was blank, there was no writing. "What happened next?" Ray asked looking over y/ns shoulder. "You're interested in a fairy tale?!" Y/n asked with a laugh. " I Am not! I just wanted to know what happens next for the children's sake" he said pointing to the little kids who surrounded y/n.

"Well, nothing happens. That's the whole book" y/n said with a sigh. "NO!" The children cried. "Sorry you guys...maybe we should make our own ending instead, yeah?" Y/n asked with a smile. "Yeah! I think a knight rescues her from the tower!" Jemima said. "I think she leaves the tower and becomes the queen!" Chris said with a smile. "I think she runs away and starts her own kingdom!" Said Alicia. "The good thing about books with no endings is that you can make your own" y/n said with smile. "Perhaps there's a secret message in the book" said Anna. "Maybe" y/n shrugged her shoulders with a smile.

The y/n stood up and took the book under her arm. "Do you want to go help Emma look at the files?" Y/n asked Ray who was leaning against the wall. "Mhm, let's go" he said as the held the door open for y/n.

"I'm so glad we will all be able to live here. All sixteen of us, who were over five years old. We were able to get to a safe place without anyone being killed" Emma said with a sigh of relief. "We can share this happiness with Sherry, Phil and the others too. We'll go to the human world with our entire family together" Y/n said. "I miss Phil and the others and Norman" Emma said as she leaned back in her chair. "Yeah"'Ray said.

"We can still see the other kids. That's why we're gonna look for clues in these files! I first, let's look for Mister Minerva" y/n said holding up a few files. "The key is in the reference material and what that man knows..." "let's make a deal with him" y/n said as the two others nodded.

Down the hallway in the computer room the man had woken up and broke free from the rope. "Damn it! Those brats...I wanted to get rid of them so quickly, but instead I got hit in the nuts! And they ate all my cookies!  And they made it so this inward opening door won't open!" The man complained as he tried to open the door that wouldn't budge. He walked towards a drawer by the table and pulled out a knife. "I'll teach them not to mess with an adult" he said with a cold stare.

Ray, Y/n and Emma sat at the dining table searching though the files for about an hour, y/n spotted a letter hidden inside of a file. "Okay, we've obtained a place to live for the time being. Now, we plan what's next. Rescue and escape. And how do we escape to the human world. How do we rescue the little ones we left behind?" Ray said.

"What did you guys find out in the files? What kind of material was in the room?" Gilda asked. "Various things, we haven't gone through all of them yet...but for example there was information on classification and general locations of each farm. Like what kind of farms were located where, and management labels they use" Ray said. "Labels..?" Nat asked nervously as he put his hand over his neck. "Yeah, the old geezer knew who we  were immediately yesterday. Grace field puts labels on the neck, glory bell puts them on the stomach. Typeface, character alignment and location of the labels...are all different among the farm" Ray explained.