37K Special Chapter

GUYS HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THIS BOOK HAVE 38K READS?? TYSM HONESTLY 😭😭 (I have so much cool stuff planned for this book)
(This chapter will be like the 3k special chapter, it will be a flashback)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2037~ Gracefield Plant three

It was a sunny afternoon at GraceField house and all the children were skipping and playing outside. Y/n sat in her usual spot in the famous tree in the garden. She gazed at the sunlight as it bounced off each leave and she watched the small butterflies soak up the warmth, she smiled. "What are you even doing up there?" A small boy with messy raven hair asked impatiently holding a large book in his hands. "I'm looking at butterflies" y/n giggled. Two white butterflies fluttered around her. "I'd love to keep them as pets" y/n sighed. "I think they'd prefer to be free" Ray said. "I know...I wish I could keep them forever and watch them" y/n frowned.

"Yeah well we should be studying" he rolled his eyes at the girls behaviour. Y/n swung down from the tree. "Y/n!! Would you be careful" Ray hissed. "Those tests are dumb, they aren't gonna matter when we get older and leave" y/n sighed, leaning her back against the tree. Ray hesitated for a moment. "If you study this book with me we can read fairytales later" the boy said. "Only if you do the voices" y/n crossed her arms. "The voices?" Ray asked confused. "You know, like when we read Cinderella you got to put on a girl voice when she speaks!" Y/n laughed. "No way!" "please?!" "No idiot!!" Ray said, flicking her on the forehead.

Mama walked towards the pair who sat under the tree, holding one of the baby's in her arms as it slept peacefully. "Are you two fighting again?" Mama chuckled to herself. "No!!" Ray and y/n said at the same time not wanting to get in trouble. "Are you sure?" She smiled. Y/n glared at Ray. "Yeah everything is okay!" The young girl said. Mama nodded and smiled as she walked towards the house.

The Two white butterflies flew down from the tree and fluttered in-front of the two children. "They are so beautiful aren't they?" Y/ns eyes sparkled at the sight of the elegant wings. "They are just bugs" Ray said, looking back down at his book. "I think they are beautiful" y/n smiled as she gazed upon the two butterflies.

One of the butterflies landed on Rays shoulder. "It likes you~" y/n snickered. "Get off bug!!" Ray swiped his hand, shooing the butterfly away with force. Y/n stood up as it began to flutter away. "Aww I wanted to draw the butterflies" she frowned.

A young boy by the name of Jack ran towards the pair. He had brown hair and green eyes, a few months younger than y/n and Ray. "Hey do you two want to play hide and seek with Norman, Emma and me?" He asked with a smile. Y/n gasped with excitement, clapping her hands. "Yes !" She cheered. "Norman is 'it' and we all have to hide" the boy explained. "Even better! I know I can beat him this time" y/n laughed, grabbing Jacks hand. "You coming Ray?" Y/n asked.

Ray glanced up from his book at y/n and the boy for a moment. "No" he said bluntly, looking at y/ns hand. "Come on Ray" Jack pleaded. "I want to read" Ray said. "Just this once?" Y/n asked. "...fine" he sighed, getting to his feet. Y/n and Jack cheered.

The three ran down towards the forest of the garden where Emma and Norman waited their arrival. "Y/n!!" Emma smiled, pulling the girl into a tight hug. "Hi Emma" y/n giggled. "You guys ready?" Norman asked. "Yep!" Jack smiled. Ray just did a thumbs up.

"You have until the count of thirty to hide somewhere, if I find you, you loose" Norman explained. Everyone nodded. Norman turned his face towards a tree and pulled his arm over his eyes. "One...two...three..."

Y/n sprinted deeper into the forest as fast as her legs could carry her. "I need somewhere good to hide...Emma always hides in the tree branches so Norman will look there first...Jack hides in tall bushes but always ends up getting nettle stings...I have no clue where Ray hides" y/n thought to herself.

"Pssst y/n" a familiar voice whispered. "Huh-" the girl began before an hand pulled her.It was Ray, he took her arm as the two ran the opposite direction. "Where are we going?" Y/n asked. "Just trust me" he said. The two ended up outside of the tall silver gate and red brick wall, covered in ivy that connected the house to the outside world. "Ray we can't go beyond the gate, what if Mama finds out" y/n said feeling nervous. "Who said we are going beyond it?" Ray said. The raven haired boy pointed towards a tree, that was close to the gate. "Norman rarely comes down here" Ray shrugged his shoulders. "So this is where you hide when we play?" Y/n asked with a smile. "Mhm, let's go" said Ray.

The two hopped up into the branches of the tree. "I never even knew this tree was here, it's the perfect hiding spot" y/n giggled, making Ray form a smile. "It's been over thirty seconds, I'm guessing he already found Emma, most likely looking for Jack next" Ray thought out loud as y/n nodded.

Slowly the noise of small footsteps crunched through the grass, growing closer to them. "No way he found us" Ray whispered to y/n. The footsteps grew fainter fast, signalling the pair were safe. "That was a close one" y/n said. The two white butterflies flew to the tree, following y/n and Ray. "Ray the butterflies" y/n squealed. "Shush, Norman could still be down there" Ray hissed. "But look" the girl smiled. Ray turned his head to see one of the delicate butterflies resting on the tip of her finger. A warm loving smile crept up onto his face as he watched y/ns eyes sparkle at the sight of the butterfly.

"Found you" a voice laughed from below the two. Y/n and Rays eyes widened at the sight of Emma, Jack and Norman. "Aww I thought this hiding place was good" y/n said. "It is, you won" Jack smiled. Y/n and Ray hopped down from the tree branches. "I was so scared Norman was gonna find us" y/n laughed. "You're acting as if its a life or death situation if Norman gets you" Emma laughed. "I'm just passionate about hide and seek" y/n said.

"It's a shame it will only be the four of us tomorrow..." y/n trailed off. "But we Are happy for you Jack!" Norman smiled. "Yeah! You finally get to leave the house" Emma said as the five made their way back up the house. "I'm kind of nervous...what if it's scary outside the house" Jack sighed. "It won't be!! You'll get New parents and maybe even brothers or sisters who can protect you!" Y/n said. "Don't over think it Jack, leaving the house , it'll only take a few minutes then it will be over" Ray added quietly, staring at the grass. "Exactly, then you get a new life! Don't forget to visit us and write" y/n nudged Jacks arm. "Of course, I'll never forget you guys" he smiled as the children shared a group hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any typos