82~ The promise

After the devastating last moments of loosing their mother the children cherished so dearly, the Gracefield escapees began to gather everyone around and escort them to the farms headquarters.

The younger children mostly talked amongst themselves about the terrifying demon they had just encountered as a handful of  Mamas spoke about future plans and the heartbreaking last moments of their well respected Grandma Isabella.

Y/n and Ray silently walked down the grassy hill a few feet behind the group that Emma and Norman led from the front.  The only noise being their footsteps making the grass swish, the small brown birds chirping in the tree branches, the faint chit chat of the young children...and of course the occasional sniffle from y/n.

"Are you okay? You've been really quiet" Ray broke the silence looking over at the (h/c) haired girl beside him. "Yep! I'm all good" y/n sniffled, wiping away the flow of tears from her face as new ones formed in her eyes. Ray sighed and shook his head with a small smile. He put his hand into his pocket taking out a white fluffy tissue handing it to her. "Thank you.." y/n wiped her eyes. "Feel better?" "A bit I guess" the girl looked down at the now wrinkled tissue in her hands for a few moments before looking back up to the raven haired boy.

"What about you? You've barely said a word...is my crying that embarrassing?" Y/n joked. "No but your face is all red and puffy from it" Ray poked the side of her face. "Huh?! Is it that bad?" Y/n sighed dramatically, fanning her face with the cool breeze.

"Hey but seriously are you alright?" Y/n smiled weakly. Ray closed his eyes for a few moments. "It's a lot to process, but I think I'll  understand  everything Mama said to me on a deeper level in time..hmm.. how about when we get to the human world we go somewhere really quiet and just talk about everything that's happened. Maybe by then the burden and weight won't feel so heavy, right?" The raven haired boy shrugged.
Y/n looked at him for a few moments before answering. "Yeah, I'd love to do that" the girl smiled lovingly, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Finally, the group made it to the farm's headquarters, Being greeted by the rest of the sisters and Mamas. "Hey uh...y/n?" A familiar blue eyed boy tapped her on the shoulder gently. Y/n turned around to be met with Norman, a guilty look plastered across his face.

"I...wanted to apologise. Back before we attacked the imperial capital I had a plan to kill the entire Ratri Clan...and that meant including you...but I promise you y/n I'll never ever think of doing those things ever again...it must have really frightened you...I'm really sorry..I don't even know what possessed me to think of doing that to one of my best friends" Norman said with glossy eyes.

Y/n sighed and shook her head with a smile. "It's fine Norman, don't worry about it too much. You were just under pressure to protect your family and friends..and when you're under that much pressure you'd do whatever it takes, right?  Let's just forget about all of that, I'll throw a pie at your face in the human world or something to get revenge instead" y/n giggled, pulling him into a hug.

As the group entered the main hallway faint footsteps raced through the corridor. "Whose footsteps are those? Do you hear that?" Emma raised her gun.

"Y/n!! Ray!! Emma!!?" A familiar voice echoed with excitement drawing closer by the second. "Mujika!!" Y/n gasped as she ran towards her demon friend, embracing her in a warm hug as Sonju stood close behind with a smile. "It's Mujika and Sonju everyone!!" Emma joined in the hug.

"Hmm...I see...so you lost your Mama..." Mujika said sadly. Y/n, Ray and Emma explained all the events that happened to them in detail since their last encounter. "But you are all really free now! That's amazing I'm so happy for you all!!" Mujika beamed a bright smile. "And Y/n is a Ratri, huh? Surprise surprise, I called it years ago" Sonju crossed his arms. "Yeah..." Y/n smirked nervously. "Oh that shouldn't matter any longer Sonju!" Mujika sighed shaking her head. "All humans are free now!!"