CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8: Mother's love

YAZER ELDRICH MONTANO

It's her birthday today, so I cleared my schedule just for her. 

"That's P1,587.00, Sir." I took out a two-thousand bill from my wallet and handed it over to the cashier as I took the bouquet of honeysuckle, her favorite flower. 

I don't know much about flowers; roses, tulips, and sunflowers are the only flowers I know because they're common. But she taught me a lot of different flowers and their meanings. 

"Keep the change." I went out of the flower shop when a group of college girls approached me. 

"You're Yael Montano, right?" I turned my gaze at them. And they started screaming like wild animals which caught more attention from people around us. 

Shit! I'm wearing shades and a hat as a disguise, but they can still know that it's me. What eyes do they have? 

"Si Yael nga!!!"

"Ang pogi niya talaga!!"

"Mas pogi sa personal!"

"Ang hot beh!!"

"Pa-autograph tayo!!" 

"Pa-picture na rin!! Tara!!"

I flashed a smile I always used when encountering a situation like this. I didn't say a word and just looked around to see if Kian, my manager, was there. I facepalmed when I remember telling Kian to go home. This is why I rarely went outside unless it's on my schedule because of people like this.

"Nginitian tayo!!"

"Pwede na ata akong mamatay!"

"I'm in heaven now!!"

"I heard he rarely smiles."

"Kaya nga ang swerte natin!"

I saw a variety of cell phones taking photos and videos of me. Reporters flooded questions as to what am I doing here in a flower shop, why I was holding a bouquet if I'm dating anyone, who is she, and more. Everyone's eyes are on me waiting for my response. I didn't even know how did these reporters get here.

I just continue smiling at them. One thing I hate in my career, people will always snoop around your private life. They sucked you dry open until they were satisfied. I know that I should be thankful for them because I'm here right now because of them. But it gets so suffocating sometimes. 

Being on camera isn't really what others think. It's not all gold and roses. 

That's why I kept my kids out of the camera, I don't want my kids to be the prey of their gossip. I want them to live the way they wanted and not be bothered by what people would think about them.

I need to think of ways to get out of here. Bahala na.

"Excuse me, I need to go," I said as I tried to get out of the crowd. I'm still smiling at them thinking maybe they'll let me go. But damn it, they're squeezing me and I can't move. They all want to take pictures with me, my autograph, and all. Can't they respect my personal time? 

I'm also just a human like them and I think I deserve a little rest. 

I almost lost my cool when I saw some people get dragged by the people who wants to come to me, but then guards came and escorted me to my car. 

I guess I'll see myself on the entertaining news tonight. Nothing's new. 

I started my engine and drove my car. I saw some van tailing. Damn, paparazzi.