CHAPTER 20

Chapter 20: Scandal

YAZER ELDRICH MONTANO

It's been three days that I haven't gone home. The issue is still going on and we haven't released anything. 

Iniisip kong makakalimutan din ng mga tao 'yon. But it's not. Sa mga ganitong pagkakataon, sobrang nakakasakal ang trabaho ko. Before hearing the truth, they've already made up a version that they can accept. 

I missed my kids. Kakatapos lang ng birthday nila tapos ganito ang nangyari. But I'm doing this for them. I know it's not that big of an issue to tell the world that I'm a Dad. That I have a twin and introduce my kids. However, I'll give that to my kids. The right to decide if they want to be out in the public. At habang hindi pa nila kaya, ako muna ang magdedesisyon.

I'm in my condo right now when I received a call. I lazily answer the call without looking at the caller. I haven't got the right amount of sleep since this issue rose.

"Come to my office, now." It's Yesha, the CEO of my agency. 

I let out a sigh and got up. I'm silently hoping that they've already thought of a solution to this. Or I will hunt whoever gave that tip. 

I drove my car to my company. As I entered the building, people starts staring at me and murmuring at each other. I know they're also curious as to what is the truth. But I won't risk my kids. 

I got on the executive elevator and tap on the highest floor. Hindi tumagal ng ilang minuto ay nakarating na ako sa floor niya. 

I walked and ignored every people who greeted me. 

Without knocking, I went inside the door at the end of the floor.  

Hindi na rin siya nagulat sa biglaan kong pag pasok. 

"Do you have a solution now?" I asked as I made my way to the sofa and sat there. I noticed that my manager is also here with the head of the public relations and marketing department. Do they know already? 

"Well, wala pa. That's why I called you. You help with the brainstorming," Yesha said, with an authoritative tone. As if that affects me. 

"You start. Tell us what you think," she pointed at Mr. PR Department head. 

"Ma'am, why don't we tell the truth? I think it's about time that we change his image. He cannot always stick to that mysterious cold next-boy image. Being a Daddy isn't that bad. And it's not like he's young or what, he's of age," he stated as he fix his big eyeglasses.

"No," sabay naming sigaw nung representative ng Marketing department. I was about to say something but she faced Mr. Public Relations. 

"Don't you know that three-forth of his fans are teenagers to 25 years old? Ano na lang ang mangyayari sa mga merch niya if we tell the truth? They will accuse us of fooling them. Yael is one of the most wanted bachelors in town. His merchandise sells a lot. Changing his image to a single Dad out of the blue is a lot of risk. We can't take that risk."

"But not doing anything is also not helping. They've already made tons of scenarios as to why he is coming in and out of that subdivision. Some are worse than we think. Being a single dad is not that shameful, it's a trend. Many single Dads are out there like Paulo Ballesteros, Wowie de Guzman, Piolo Pascual, and even Liam Neeson of Hollywood became a single dad after his wife passed away. They've accepted them."

Yesha was just watching the two department debate with each other as to what is the best solution. 

"Still. We can't. Yael is the face of our company. What will happen to the other artist if we'll do what you say? They'll also get affected."