chapter 8

I reached the skyscraper building

I reached the skyscraper building . I am making the right decision by coming here?

what am I even thinking, off course this so stupid of me to do. but I want to give him the chance to talk and hear what he has to say. I don't want to blame myself later for not listening.

what am I even saying? I should never blame myself for someone like him. WE ARE ENEMIES for crying out loud.

I walked in and I was met by the receptionist.

"welcome to Rhodes INC. how may I help you?"

I removed my sunglasses and looked at her. she looks a like a bitch. with those long ass fake lashes, orange tan!!! and super blonde hair. uh what a great start to my morning. I swear I am going to kill him.

"I am here to see Mr. Rhodes."

"do you have an appointment?"

"no" well he told me to come so I guess it is an appointment.

but do I wanna say it?

nahhh, lets have some fun.

"well ma'am I can't let you in."

"oh really."

"yes ma'am" aw she is nice maybe not a bitch. maybe I am the bitch!

I was tapping nails when I thought of something. that duck came into my firm, sat in my office and waited for me. so why not I do the same.

"is that so?"

"yes I already said it. what are you deaf?" she said with an annoyed voice.

oh so she is a bitch after all. I was right. wait correction I am always right.!

"mhm I am." I signed bitch in ASL.

"ma'am I told you. you can't go without an appointment."

"so what do I have to do?"

"you can sign in. your first and last name?"

oooh that is going to be fun, let's see what will happen when I give her my name.

"Mira Raven" as I said my name. the realization sink into her face and her eyes were wide open.

"ahem, why did you not say that from the beginning Miss Raven?"

BITCH.

"um maybe because you didn't ask?"

"um yes right sorry about that."

"so now what?" she did not even get the chance to answer when I saw someone running to us calling out my name.

"Miss Raven, Mr. Rhodes is waiting for you in his office... this way please."