chapter 9

After Mira left my office

After Mira left my office. I immediately went to check the chess board. I wanted to know how she played. 

Ah. she chose a strong opening. 

so I decided to open the same way she did. this is going to be fun.

I am really excited to see who will win this game as I have never lost after I first learned playing it. 

my grandpa taught me and we would play hours after school and I would win each time. whenever I won he would say "good job my little bird you beat the old man yet again."

I was 7 at time. I was so young but I was so interested in chess, that I begged grandpa to teach me. because father or as Mira said my sperm donor was always so busy to do something with me. he was only focused on teaching me the in's and out's of the family business. 

I remember clearly that him and grandpa used to fight everyday about this matter. after they are done fighting. grandpa would take me to get ice cream and say the same line each time.

"listen my little bird, you are young and free like a bird. Don't let anyone put you in a cage. you belong outside free and able to fly on your own." 

at first I did not get what he meant about being a bird. all I wanted to do was eat my ice cream and enjoy it. 

now that I have grown up and know exactly what he means. I promised him that I will never be caged and I always be able to fly even if something broke me. 

thinking about Mira brought up all the memories. I was smiling to myself at the thought. until I heard a loud...

"is that Aaron I see smiling?"

I was startled for a second. 

what the fuck when did he came in? it must have been when I was busy remembering my childhood. 

"no I was not smiling."

"cut the bullshit. ooo are we playing chess?"

he came to touch a piece. 

"NO" I yelled loudly.

he was scared and stepped away. 

"Jesus mother father. what was this?"

"no Leo we are not playing chess, it is me and Mira."

he gasped. 

"you are betraying your chess partner."

he clinched his chest where his heart is located acting hurt. 

dramatic. 

he gasped again. 

"wait did you say a girlies name?"

oh shit right I have to tell him. 

"yea Mira came by a couple of minutes ago to take the papers and she saw the board and decided to open the first move."