𝐓𝐖𝐎

Inglewood, CAThursday — 2/17/23Ko'tavia Morris

Inglewood, CA
Thursday — 2/17/23
Ko'tavia Morris

   WHERE YO MONEY AT by Nipsey Hussle blasted from her hometown house. One thing about Tavia's dad was that he loved Nipsey. Only person he ever listened to now a days.

"Oh shit Tavi! Wassup, didn't even hear you come in" Derryl shouted from the kitchen.

"Hey poppy, I've missed you! Where's mami?" Tavia smiled and brought her father into a big hug. Ever since she moved out at 17, she's been at her parents house almost every week.

"Oh she's at work, y'know how she is over that new position" her dad scoffed. Slightly throwing shade.

She lightly hit his shoulder with a mug. "Don't be dissin on my mami nie' Mr. Derryl."

"Aye watch it, don't call me no Derryl lil kid."

Ko'tavia sighed and looked around the kitchen. It was only now that she noticed her dad was actually cooking up a bunch of food.

"Ouu pops what chu' makin?? And can I have some..!?" She smiled excitedly and picked a fork into the coleslaw.

Tavia never understood why people hated it so much, it's literally like salad but better, and more filling.

"Aht aht, get cho' big ass out my kitchen! This for the Saturday cookouts, and look at you eating every last bit."

"Pops you over exaggerating, I had one scoop" she said, munching on the food that was still in her mouth.

"Ima pop yo' hand, let you dig in my coleslaw again. Done told yo ass this for Saturday!"

"Pops shut up, you sound like mami right now" she sighed and threw her fork in the trash.

"Yeah yeah whatever, you gone be here Saturday right?"

Every other Saturday, her parents hosted dinner cookouts for family and close friends. It was a time for everyone to keep in contact and forget about whatever jobs they had.

It was just a breather for everyone, to be around the people they love. Tavia and her family were definitely very family oriented.

"Yea of course, I'll bring Nori too. I know that's ya favorite."

"Ouu yes please! Bring my bestie"

Tavia side eyed him in confusion, "we gotta get you off tiktok.."

"You got you any lil' man friends??" Her dad asked being nosey, and completely ignoring her comment from before.