𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Ko'tavia MorrisInglewood, CA6/20/23

Ko'tavia Morris
Inglewood, CA
6/20/23

FOR KO'TAVIA, it was just one of those days. She didn't know when but depression slowly crept back up on her again. Luckily it wasn't as bad as last time and she wasn't distancing herself from her family or friends.

She swore to herself she would never result to pills or anything unhealthy to help cope. Ever since she overdosed, the only pills she took were the ones strictly prescribed by her doctor.

For now she used journaling and painting as her only coping mechanisms. It worked to an extent but she still had those days where she craved more. Like now for example..

A loud pattern of banging on her door made her jump as she slowly inched toward the door. "Who is it?"

"It's Laniya. Hurry up and open the door!" The tone in her voice was shaky and Ko'tavia knew this had to be an emergency.

"What's going on girl what's wrong?" Tav asked— hurriedly opening the door.

Laniya looked behind her to make sure no one was following her and slammed the door shut.

By now Ko'tavia was weirded out by the way her friend was acting. "You're scaring me... what the fucks wrong?"

"We have to go. Like now, maybe outta state? I don't know but we can't stay out here they know too much-"

"Laniya slow down. What are you talking about? Who knows too much.."

Laniya ran her hands through her hair in frustration and sighed. "What's your ex's last name?"

Ko'tavia thought about it for a second before answering. "Umm it's Andrew's I think.. why?"

"My ex's last name is Andrew's too, T'Ren Andrew's. I'm guessing they're brothers.. and they're apart of a dangerous ass family Ko'tavia. I searched them up and so much shit came up." Laniya clarified and made sure the front door was locked. "What typa shit came up.."

"You will not believe it girl, their family is like a big cult. They do blood sacrifices, they kidnap people, kill people, eat people. Anddd their dad's a famous kingpin. Just a bunch of creepy shit."

To say Ko'tavia was shocked was an understatement. She knew what San did for business but if any of this was true.. he was just evil. Him and his family. "Eat people..? Bitch this ain't no Jeffery shit over here what the fuck."