𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Gardena, CAWednesday — 3/14/23Ko'tavia Morris

Gardena, CA
Wednesday — 3/14/23
Ko'tavia Morris

"THIS IS THE Chicago county jail. You have a pre paid call from, Sancere Lowen." Her heart dropped and she could feel anxiety quickly taking over her body.

Why the fuck is he in jail. In Chicago!?!

"If you would like to accept this call, please click one at the sound of the tone." The automated voice machine said as the tone came right after.

She clicked one and let Laniya know she was going to take a phone call outside.

The line was silent for about a minute until San finally got the guts to speak up.

"Mama you can hear me?" His low voice called out. She couldn't help the scoff she let out. "Don't call me no fuckin' mama San. What the hell happened?"

She could hear him freeze up and the hesitation in his voice. Of course Ko'tavia knew what he did for a living, he was open to her about it and she was used to it.

It was more so the fact that she never expected him to be arrested. Everyone always talks about how good he is at covering his tracks.

"Listen, I can't tell you much cause these calls being recorded. But I did some dumb shit, ight? Shit, yo people prolly gone run and tell you later today.."

He ran a hand down his face before continuing, "just promise me you gone stick wit' me. Ight? Once you find out just listen to my side of the story before you make any decisions."

She was silent for a moment trying to take in all that he was saying. What could he have done that was so bad?

Clearly he killed someone but she never cared about that before.. it was none of her business so she never pried. But this time it has to be something worse.

"Just tell me what the fuck you did A'Jace. We're not little kids. Can you just be blunt with me?" By now she was fed up with his stalling. Tavia was naturally an impatient person so this wasn't helping.

He knew she was pissed because she used his middle name which she's never done before.

"Pretty ma.. You not understanding me. I can't tell you cause they listening but ima call you back around 6 pm tomorrow. You better answer too. Ion care how mad you are, ight?"

She stayed quiet and gave a low 'mhm' as she hung up in his face. Her whole mood was ruined and she honestly didn't even want to be at this event anymore.