The Spider's Web - 3

(Y/N) stood in vigil, solemnly and quietly, watching over the proceedings to make sure nothing goes wrong.

He was in a suit just like everyone here, a black suit. 

The crying of mourners made the air that more somber.

Aunt May and Peter stood crying over the grave of Ben Parker.

'I failed.' Only one thought entered his mind.

"(Y/N)?" The voice of Gwen cut through his thoughts, she just arrived wearing a black dress.

"Gwen." (Y/N) was not in the mood to do much of anything. Tears didn't fall, all he was left with, was anger.

"I... Uh... Heard he was a good man." Gwen tried to console him but the man seemed to be non receptive to much of anything at the moment.

"He was a good father. A good man." (Y/N) admitted.

Gwen understood (Y/N)'s anguish, she had felt it countless times in her life. Everyday, this whole atmosphere of mourning would repeat.

She chose not to say much more, instead taking the boy's hand in her own.

____

"Is it done doctor?" Walter Graythorne asked the monitor.

"As done as can be Herr Graythorne. Keep in mind, this is just the beta testing. We cannot predict how long it will actually take." The computer replied. "Things would speed up if you let me perform the experiment on other subjects."

"Get it done. I am not a patient man Zola. That cadaver I got you is extremely important to my plans, I want it to be the only one of it's kind roaming about."

His assistant handed him a data-pad.

He enjoyed what he saw on it. 

The body of Ben Parker with machines injected into it, cables and all. 

"I warned you son." Graythorne smiled one last time before handing it back to his assistant.

____

Tony Stark was in a hurry. 

He was late for a showcase of his weapons. Now normally he wouldn't give a shit if he was late for something.

But this time it was a flight, straight to Afghanistan. His new contract was with the U.S Military and it was one that would get him a lot of pull within the government.

But he overslept with some girl... or girls, he can't quite remember, last night was wild.

He was going to present his new missile, Jericho, to a major or some other hot shot. He didn't really care.

"Jarvis, get me there ASAP, or I'm gonna replace you with some female A.I." Tony drank wine sitting back of the car that had no driver.

"Reaching the Airfield in 10 minutes." Jarvis responded.

"We better buddy." 

What Stark didn't know was, at that moment, the whole world was about to change because of a minor trip to the middle of nowhere.

____

Thor drank mead as the tavern was lit up in celebration, all of the patrons cheered his name here in Asgard.

It was good to be the God Of Thunder.

"Harkon Asgardians! I, Thor, The God Of Thunder, am announcing that I will be king yet!" The tavern erupted into fervor. 

"Thor, do you not think this is too hasty." Sif asked the man who she loved dearly, but he never seemed to reciprocate her feelings.

"What's their to haste, I shall be their next king. They deserve to know it." Thor drank another cup and threw it on the ground. "Another!"

Loki watched the celebrations with stoic eyes, not wanting to show just how angry and jealous it all made him feel.

'Just wait dear brother. Just you wait.'

____

NEXT TIME ON SPOODERMAN

2010 HAPPENS.