That Time When Four Spiders Met. (And An Alien)

"(Y/N)! Wake up!" The man in question felt a pair of hands shaking him, trying their hardest to wake the Spider up.

He stirred awake a second later, getting up to sit on the couch, "Hmm? Gwen, Good morning."

"Good morning me later dummy, watch this!" Gwen shoved their shared phone into his hands.

He groggily tried to make sense of what he saw on the screen, but the words 'PETER PARKER DEAD.' Immediately made him stand up.

"What the hell?" He asked, checking the phone once again, under greater scrutiny.

THAT'S THE NERD WITH THE HOT AUNT.

He ignored Noise, choosing to rather focus on the article. He found the information just as Gwen spoke about it, "He was the Spider-Man of this universe."

The shock of Peter dying, the boy he hadn't seen in a long time, combined with the fact that he was Spider-Man in this universe, who resisted the urge to say 'What the hell' out loud again.

"We have to check this out, Gwen." He showed her the speech planned for the man in Times Square.

"Yeah, let me suit up, we'll just let the shop be closed." Gwen nodded before rushing towards the bathroom.

____

Twenty minutes, and they were both ready, coming out of the Deli store's roof door.

"Let's go, Gwen." (Y/N) said before swinging away, Gwen caught up with him on the first swing.

They swung in silence before (Y/N) broke it, "It's fun to swing with you again."

"It's some of the best memories of my life." Gwen answered, their swinging in sync once again, though it was not at the level as before. Back then, they used to swing off of each other, parkouring off of walls in a dazzling dance that left the civilians of New York entranced. That type of dance involved absolute trust in your partner, Trust that was currently on hold.

"Mine too." (Y/N) let out a soft smile, the memories flooding back to him.

BLEGH...

'Not my fault, no one's ever loved you.' (Y/N) expected a retort, but it never came.

____

"My favorite thing about Peter..." They slowed down and stuck to an edge of a building, high above the streets of Time Square, where hundreds of people were gathered, wearing Spider-Man masks. On the Billboards, instead of ad, was the woman giving the speech, MJ, Mary Jane. This universe's Spider-Man's wife.

Behind her was a significantly older Aunt May, something which made (Y/N) all the more annoyed at himself.

"Was that he made us each feel powerful..." The woman continued, a stab in (Y/N)'s heart and to an extent Gwen's heart with each word, they had both known a Peter in their own times after all.

"We all have powers of one kind or another, but in our own way..." She said, her eyes starting to moisten, "We are all Spider-Man."

That made (Y/N) lower his head in shame... perhaps anger.

"I should've been there." (Y/N) said, his mask hiding his pained expression.

Gwen narrowed her eyes at the man, "It's not on you."

"I... know but, still, I was out in the city, If I had just..." (Y/N) looked at his hands, noticing they way they shook. "Been there."

OH, COME ON, WILL YA? HE'S DEAD, NOTHING WE CAN DO NOW CEPT' PUT THE BASTARDS WHO DID IT IN A NURSING HOME AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS DIMENSION.