Symbiosis

(Y/N)'s Apartment, 2013

Gwen was gone.

He didn't know where, he didn't know why. Just that she was gone.

It had been a week since then, he had searched every place, every crevice of New York. He even went to S.H.I.E.L.D and then Stark but neither of those could find her.

She went like she came.

Without notice.

It was like she had fallen off the map.

(Y/N) too had fallen deep in despair since then. He was gonna pop the question to her but she was gone before he could.

It broke the Spider, first it was curiosity, which then turned into desperation, then depression.

But all that despair soon manifested itself in the form of rage.

Unyielding rage.

He stopped pulling his punches as weeks turned into a month.

He stopped caring about his appearance, A long beard which he refused to trim now in the place of his clean shaven jaw.

"Where is she?" He went to the sorceress he met back in 2012, something which was hard to believe at first, but his desperation won her over.

"Not in this dimension." The bald lady answered him as they sat on the rooftop of a NY apartment near the Bronx.

"Give me a straight answer." His mask was tattered which gave him an almost scary appearance, but the lady didn't seemed to frightened by him.

"Hmm... Violence will get you nowhere Spider. But if you must know. The dimension she has gone is one even I do not dare to tread." The lady sipped her drink.

"Send me there." His voice was low and dark. A far cry from the usual japes one would hear from him.

"I will not." (Y/N) clutched his hands upon hearing them, A glare almost threatening to tear her head off. "More like I cannot. The realm is that of an Asgardian Goddess. Her dimension is only open when she wills it."

"GRAH!" (Y/N)'s scream was more of anguish rather than anger. He punched the low table breaking it into many pieces. "I can't just not do anything lady... T-There must be a way! Maybe Thor... Fuck!"

"I'm afraid you will have to let fate run its course..." She noticed him pace towards the roof and back, removing his mask. His eyes puffy, dark circles beneath them. He apparently trusted her enough to reveal his identity to her. "But what I can say is... she's a strong woman, she will find a way back to you."

"..." He stopped pacing and gave her a long look before he put his mask back on and leapt away.

The ancient one smiled at his swinging form. But then her eyes looked to her right, just in time to see a meteor manifest itself in the sky.

She understood fate was doing it's work and teleported back to Kamar-Taj.

____

(Y/N) swung towards the meteor crash, maybe it was Gwen, Maybe she was ejected from that dimension...

No he had to stop thinking that way. The very small cynic inside him reminded him of what he already knew.

Gwen was probably never going to come back.

The woman he had spent 6 years living with, would never return.

This is the part where he would've quieted down that cynic with one of his quips.

But not now... no more quips.

He landed a few meters back and walked towards the site. (Y/N) knew he didn't have that much of time, the police and other authorities would arrive in the forest soon and then he'd have no choice but to deal with them.