Hope

Two weeks had passed since Mile's death, Rio was inconsolable, nothing anyone said was affecting her.

She felt like she had cried out every tear inside of her until all that was left was emptiness.

She felt it, the dread of the realization.

Miles was no more.

And now she was alone in this world, her husband, was probably watching her in despair along with Miles.

Along with the emptiness she felt, she also felt seething hatred for one man in particular. 

Spider-Man.

He took everything from her... from Miles too, her son, her child had his whole life in front of him.

She felt her tears leave her again as she supported herself on Kitchen counter.

What she ever do to deserve this?

KNOCK!

She quickly composed herself to the sound of an explosion happening back on the street, going towards the door to open it.

"Hey Rio." Aaron Davis, her husband's brother greeted her as he walked into the dingy apartment with some supplies. "It's tough out there man. Can't go walking ten minutes without some dude tryn-" 

He noticed her tears.

"Rio... You been crying again?" Davis asked her, not sure what else to do. 

"I think I'll manage, still... Gracias por preguntar." Rio said, hesitantly moving towards Mile's room.

"You sure you wanna do this? I can come back some other time, we don't have to clean the kid's room now." Aaron comforted her by putting a hand on her shoulder.

"I have to do this Aaron, I can't even look in the direction of it." Rio started walking towards her son's room.

"Alright. I'll help ya." They both moved into the room, filled with kid stuff, like posters and figurines.

____

"Rio! Come here for a sec." Aaron had a book in his hands.

"Mi Hermano, Where did you find that?" Rio stopped collecting the comic books in her hands and walked towards Aaron.

"Way under the kid's bed, he was hiding it from you." Aaron started to open the Spider-Man decorated book only for Rio to stop him.

"Hermano, I don't think it's right for us to do this." Rio said, making Aaron think for a second.

"We have to look at it sis. Maybe it'll give ya some closure." Aaron said, Rio looked at him, a bit offended but she didn't protest further.

Rio's eyes widened as more and more pages were turned by Aaron, all of them filled with drawings of Spider-Man saving the day. There were some Captain Morales paintings in there too.

Rio felt her eye's swell when they reached the final page, a short eulogy written there, addressing heroes.

'I think... I like to believe, that there is a hero inside all of us. But there are also those, who... use their bravery to save others. My first hero was a guy, named (Y/N), he taught me how to hold on, for a second longer. But Spider-Man taught me how to be compassionate, how to be kind. Other kids have dreams like becoming a football player or a basketball player. Mine is a little different... and a bit embarrassing. I wanna be Spider-Man when I grow up.'

"H-He never told me any of this." Rio clutched her hand, her heart beating faster than it ever did.

"Kids in his situation... in our situation need a hero Rio. Spider-Man did that for Miles. Why do you think the guy quit swinging around the city?" Aaron made Rio look him in the eye. "It's cuz he feels as if he failed to do his job."