Seven

It had been a few days since the news had been revealed to my siblings. They were, of course, just as shocked as I was. Questioning their own heritage in secret. " You are still our sister, no matter what." Jace smiled at me.

We all sat around the dining table feasting on our breakfast as a messenger came into the room and hurriedly handed my mother a letter. She quickly opened it and held her mouth as she read it, " What's wrong, mother?" I asked, worried. " Lord Corlys Velaryon has been injured. His brother Vaemond Velaryon argues his right to rule House Velaryon. We are summoned to court to fight for Lucerys' claim to Driftmark." Everyone pack now. We will leave immediately. Write back to the Queen and inform her we shall be there soon. "

We packed quickly and left for King's Landing the same day, packing only our clothing as our other belongings would be staying at Dragonstone for when we return. The ship ride to Kings Landing was uneventful. However, the carriage ride was not. " What do we do?" Luke asked suddenly, " You do not need to do anything, my sweet boy, I shall speak for you. " " But Vaemond-" " Do not worry about him, all I need you to worry about is looking presentable and to be respectful like you always are. That goes for all of you. " We all nodded.

When the carriage stopped in front of the castle, mother was the first to step out, then my father, then Jace, myself, and the rest followed. There was no welcome party, no King, no Queen, nobody but a servant. " Mother?" I asked." It's okay. The servants are already settling in your things. I want you all to explore and rest. Your father and I will be with the king. "

Rhaena and Baela decided to go to their rooms to relax while I walked with my brothers. We looked around and spoke of old stories as we made our way to the training grounds of the castle. People stared at us as we walked past, the men eyeing me as we came to the grounds. " I wish they would stop staring, you're a princess not a whore" Jace spat. " Jace, it's okay." " No, it isn't. They shouldn't even think about you that way, never mind looking at you. You are a princess and a child." " I am not a child," I spat. "I'm sorry I didn't mean that," he sighed.

" I understand what you are trying to say, but I am a woman. Men are going to look at me like that if I'm a princess or not. " " I'll protect you if any of them try to do anything to you." " Jace -" " Me too!" Luke spoke up. " Thank you." I smiled at my brothers. We turned our heads to the commotion behind us. Two men were sparing and had a large crowd around them.

We ran to the large crowd and watched as Ser Criston fought a tall man with long white hair. I stood behind Jace as I watched over his shoulder. The tall man had such an amazing way with his sword. How he moved and controlled himself was brilliant. The tall man managed to avoid every single attack from Ser Criston before swinging his sword and breaking his weapon. My eyes widened when I saw his face, the black eye patch that covered his face...it was Aemond.

" You'll be winning tourneys in no time, my Prince," Ser Criston smiled proudly at Aemond. " I don't give a shit about tourneys," He said and dropped his sword. " Newphews, have you come to train?" Aemond spoke before his eye snapped to my brothers. The two stood in front of me, staring at their uncle. " My how you both have grown." He smirked." I do hope you enjoyed watching my spar. Ser Criston is quite the teacher. " " Prince Jace, Prince Luke, it has been too long." Ser Criston smiled at my brother's.

" I assume you are both training hard." " Yes we are, Ser Kit is a great teacher." " Kit Arryn? I wondered what House he chose to serve. "  I saw the look Ser Criston gave my brothers and furrowed my brows, " I do believe Ser Kit is a wonderful teacher Ser Criston" I spoke up, stepping forward and staring up at the two men before me. Ser Criston and Aemond stared at me in shock. " Princess Aemma?" Ser Criston asked, " Yes, Ser Criston?" I asked.

" You've grown up." He blurted out, " Six years will do that to you, Ser." I smiled, " I see you've grown as well. " I turned to Aemond." Uncle. " I smiled." The long hair suits you." " Aemma," he mumbled, taking my hand and kissing my knuckles. " I didn't know you would be travelling to King's Landing as well, Princess." " I wouldn't miss a chance of visiting my home, though it has been so many years." " Let me escort you through the castle, I can show you the changes that have been made."