Chapter 29 - Reminiscing the Past

Reminiscing the Past

THE night is too deep. NuNew is sweating bullets. It's cold outside but he is sweating. He hopes these plans work. He doesn't want to get screwed.

Pod is sleeping peacefully and it's time for him to make a move. He already packs half of his clothes. He is wearing a cardigan with a layer outside of a brown coat and pants. He wore black boots. Now he looks like a superstar. And for freak's sake, he is wearing eyeglasses. Pond says he needs to fully change himself from clothing because someone might recognize him.

Carefully walking outside the gate. He saw a black car parked outside. He hurriedly close the gate and run towards the car. He is sure, it's Pond. Confidently get inside the car and took off his glasses.

"What took you so long P' NuNew?"
Pond is irritated, and NuNew just chuckled.

"Come on don't be mad. Let's go"

Pond drove the car fast. While in the middle of travel. He is feeling nervous. He is thinking so deeply. A lot of questions popped into his mind.

He needs to ask Pond. He can't take it anymore. "Pond, can I ask you?"

"Sure, P' NuNew, what is it?"

NuNew first ready himself and took a long heavy breath "Do you know me before I got into an accident?"

He saw how Pond clinch his fist, he is gritting his teeth. Is he mad? But something is going on. Pond knows him. "Yes I am, I can't keep this anymore P' NuNew, I know you will be mad at me for keeping this but you need to listen to me. First, I'm very sorry for keeping these secrets from you, I know you have been through these past four years, seeking answers and truth but I am willing to tell the truth. Anything."

NuNew was wet from tears at what he heard. He will get to know everything. "Your name is NuNew Chawarin, you lived in Bangkok Thailand, and you are happily living with your family. You have a mother and a brother. I know you are wondering how did I know about those. I saw your profile on my brother's laptop when he forget to close it when he go to the restroom"

Does he have a family? Mother and brother. Oh, God. Now, he just wants to go there.

"I'm shocked when my brother introduce you to me as his boyfriend. I don't believe him. P' Pod never bring someone with him. When the days pass, I know something is missing. Something is not right not until I heard my brother and P' Tin talking about you. You got into a truck accident and lost your memories. My brother brings you here in Macau and makes you believe that your life had been depending on him."

NuNew tears dry and silently listens to Pond. He doesn't know if he will get mad at Pod or not. Pod is lying to him all this time. They are not real boyfriends. How could he keep this from him?

" I want to stop P' Pod with his plans but he will not listen to me. So, P' NuNew, please if we ever go back to Thailand. Don't contact my brother anymore. Don't call him. Don't let him see you because if he sees you, your freedom will end."

"Thank you for telling the truth. I don't know how to repay you, Pond. You help me so much. How about you Pond? You are risking your life for helping me"

"Don't worry about me P' NuNew, even if I die, at least I don't feel guilty. I already help you and I always will."

TIME FLY so fast and they stepped now at Thailand. NuNew's real home. This country was extremely breathtaking. The street lights were incredibly attractive and the tallest buildings are so much enough to get attention.

NuNew didn't know, what will face here in Thailand. What would be his family's reaction? Can they still remember me? Do they miss me?

"P' NuNew, don't think too much. I'll you meeting your family. I already told them that you are meeting them and you don't know how excited they are when they heard you are alive. Your mother didn't stop from crying that time that I almost got cried" Pond tried to make his voice fine.

"Pond. How about if you come with me and live with my family? They will accept you and for sure your brother won't bother you"

"You know for a fact P' NuNew that my brother is a Mafia lord. No one can underestimate him, even me. So there's no use of hiding from him. But you,  P' NuNew, you still have a chance to live in peace. Just please, don't bother him anymore."

Pond was right. Pod can still locate them. But he is worried about Pond. He is sacrificing his life to help him and he doesn't want to let him suffer with Pod's hands.

"What if I talk with Pod and make it clear first, I don't want to - " NuNew didn't finish his sentence when his phone rang. His heart pounded so fast when he saw whose the caller was. He took a glance at Pond and Pond knows who it was.

"What should I do? Should I answer it?"

"Don't answer the call." Pond took his phone and turn off his phone then give it back to him.

"Don't be nervous P' NuNew, everything is going to be fine. Let's get hurry. By any chance, my brother will locate us and send his men to drag us back to Macau"

NuNew nod and take a grip. He can't wait to see them. His family. After an hour of long drive, they stopped at a two-story house. It was just a simple design.

Pond was the first to go outside and tap the doorbell. Later on, a lady of an age came out, smiling sweetly. They can't hear their conversation since he is inside the car. Pond open the door for him and compose himself before he took off his packed clothes.

The lady earlier is crying while looking at him. "NuNew... My son"

When NuNew heard the word 'son', he can't help but cry in happiness. Finally. His mother. His mother is Infront of him. NuNew run towards his mother and hug her tightly and so did his mother.

"M-mom... I m-miss y-you..." NuNew's voice cracked.

"I miss you too my son. I can't believe you are alive. You are here."

Pond was happily seeing NuNew with his mother. It was like, he is seeing himself with his mother. NuNew is still lucky to have them.

NuNew was the one to let go and face Pond. "Pond, thank you" NuNew hugged Pond.

"You're welcome. I'll go ahead now. Take care of yourself P' NuNew and so are you Ma'am"

"Thank you, Pond, take care of yourself too, son"

"Let's get inside, it's cold here"
His mother helps him carry his stuff.
NuNew feels like home finally.

When they enter the house. NuNew is looking for someone. His brother can't see him by now and his mother seems to notice it "Oh you are looking for your brother, he is not here, he sometimes sleeps in his boss's condo. You know what, your brother's boss is so caring that he doesn't want to let Mix go home when it is already night and it is a big favour for me because I don't need to worry. He is in good hands"

His mother's soft voice. It felt familiar. He wishes to remember them. "NuNew, Pond told me that you have amnesia. I'm sorry"

"Mom, don't say sorry. It's not your fault. It's no one's fault. Okay? No one wants to have this. The important is, I'm here now and we can never be apart"

His mother gently messes his hair. The familiar gesture again. Maybe, by any chance, his memories will be back.

A/N: Don't worry NuNew, your memories will back hehe.

Anyways, thank you for reading this story and I also want to thank you readers for supporting my story, even though my English is very poor. Oh, don't think this is the ending. This is not yet the ending 😊.

RabicaMae