Chapter 1

You walked through the quiet neighborhood in peace, your (H/C) hair tied into an uptight ponytail as it bounced with every step you took. The warm air made the tree leaves shake simultaneously. Yet another summer has come and gone, and autumn was around the corner again.

Ding!

You took your phone out of your pocket and checked to see who texted you.

Amelia:

Heyyyyy bestieee ❤️😘

5:47 P.M.

You sighed and shook you head, smiling, before typing back.

You:

Heyyy 😜

What's up?

5:47 P.M.

Amelia:

I was wondering if I could come over later today?

5:47 P.M.

You:

Hm......

Sure!

5:48 P.M.

Amelia:

Yayyyyyy 🤪

But anyway, what r u doing?

5:48 P.M.

You:

Walking, hbu?

5:48 P.M.

Amelia:

Walking!? In this cold weather?? 😨

5:48 P.M.

You:

Amelia, it's still summer 😐

5:48 P.M.

Amelia:

GOING INTO AUTUMN SOON

I still have summer work I need to do and we have one more week until school beginssss!

5:48 P.M.

You laugh quietly, knowing that Amelia procrastinates too much. You were about to type something else until Amelia texted back.

Amelia:

I gtg, cyaaaaa l8terrrr 😗

5:49 P.M.

You sighed, clicking off your phone and putting it back in your pocket. The Sun was barely peeking over the trees now, signaling that it's time to go back home. On the walk back, you noticed something shimmering deep in the woods. You, being the curious being you are, decided to go further and investigate it.

The grass crunched under your feet as you neared the source of the shimmering. As you got closer, purple, blue, and black colors shone in-between the tree trucks. You squinted your (E/C) eyes and peered at the thing, only for your eyes to widen in surprise.

Infront of you stood a giant portal-like circle. It swirled around at a fast pace, blending all the colors. You reached out a hand to touch it, only for the circle to retract from you and swirl into nothingness. Your eyebrows knit together in confusion. What was that?

You stayed there for a few more minutes, the wind blowing gently through your (H/C) hair as you pondered on all the possibilities. That couldn't have been a portal, could it?

Ding!

Your phone snapped you out of your thoughts as you took it out once again.

Mom:

Where are you? It's almost sundown

5:59 P.M.

Oh shit! Your eyes widened in panic as you ran out of the forest back onto the main road. Panting slightly, you slowed down to a jog and turned your head back in the direction of the portal thing. Maybe you hallucinated?

Shaking off the thoughts, you turned you head back around and jogged back to your home.

~~~

The sound of the doorbell rang through the empty house. Your mother and father have gone off on some sort of 'movie date-night' and left you all by yourself. Not that you minded, though. It was quite nice have the house all to yourself, especially if company was coming over.

"Hey Amelia!" You said, opening the door to see the brunette you called your friend smiling. "Hi (Y/N)!" She cheerily responded, hugging you tight and making you almost lose your balance. Once she finished hugging the shit out of you, you gestured for her to come inside and closed the door shut behind her.

"So what have you been up to these past few days?" You decided to ask, plopping back down on the sofa and turning the TV off. "Eh, nothing much. Just catching up on some summer work. Why does Mr. Jeager (🕊) always have to make us do a five paragraph essay on some stupid boring book about history!" She whined.

"And this is why I do my summer work a month before school starts." You giggle, only for a pillow to be thrown at you. "Hey! It's not my fault I had better important things to do!" Amelia responded.

"Like what?" You asked, raising your eyebrows. "Sleeping all day?"

"I-....well..." Amelia stammered, earning a laugh from you and making her crack a grin. "No, but I did other things that I just forgot."

You shake your head and rest your head in your hands. "Summer's leaving soon. It feels like it just started though, hasn't it?" You question. "It feels like just yesterday we left school." "Yeah. And now we're going back." Amelia sighed. "I really don't want to see Ms. Rally again. She's so annoying."

"Don't forget about Ms. Holly too. Or Mr. Heatherlee." You said. "Oh how could I? They're all so annoying in their own ways!" Ameila rolled her eyes dramatically. "Anways~...what were you watching?" "Eh, just some boring rom com I found on Netflix." You said, grabbing the remote and clicking through the movies. "Wanna watch Love Island?" Amelia gave you a grin.

"Amelia, that show is so stupid." You responded. "But what else is there to watch?" Amelia groaned. "Ugh fine. But once it gets  idiotic to the point of insanity I'm turning it off." You searched up 'Love Island' and put the first episode on, making Amelia cheer.

~~~

"Bye Amelia! See you!" You waved goodbye as your friend walked down the steps of your house. She smiled and waved back as she headed to her parents car, where the mother was waiting. Once they were gone, you shut the door and yawned. It was 9:45 P.M., and after spending 3 whole hours with someone as energetic as Amelia, you were so tired. Surprisingly, both of your parents haven't come home yet. You checked your phone to see if they messaged or called you, but there were no notifications.

Yawning once again, you turned off the TV and walked up the stairs to your room. After putting on you comfortable clothes and taking your hair out of the tight ponytail you put it up in since this morning, you climbed into your bed.

Pulling the (F/C) covers over your body, you closed your eyes and drifted off to a deep slumber, not knowing what tomorrow was going to throw at you.