Chapter 17

Quiet footsteps resounded in the small pathway as you were buying a drink from the vending machine. You turned around to find Megumi standing behind you, a yellow basic folder in his hand and the mission tablet in the other.

You cracked open the can of your drink and took a sip, the sizzles taking the place of the otherwise quiet staredown. After gulping down your first sip, you smiled. "Hey, Fushiguro. Another mission?"

He nodded and handed your the file. "Yes. You and I need to go." You briefly looked through the papers.

Mission Information

Windows spotted two curses at 10:36 A.M.

Grades unknown

Spotted near rundown warehouse on 24 Green Drive.

No victims spotted/reported dead

You held the file and nodded at Fushiguro, throwing away your can. "Alright, we have a ride?" You asked. He pointed in the direction of the exit, where you could see the small black car parked. The drivers window was rolled down, showcasing Ijjichi reading a book.

"We should be done in an hour or so." Fushiguro spoke softly. "As long as the curses are low grades, that is."

You hummed and put your hands in your pockets, holding the file under your armpit. "Let's go then. We still need to train with the second years for the upcoming Exchange Event." Both of you exited the school grounds and hopped into the car.

"Where to?" Ijjichi asked monotonously. "24 Green Drive." Was all you said. He typed the address into the GPA and started to drive. The school's entrance became smaller and smaller as the car drove off.

Fushiguro passed you the tablet. "These were the curses the windows spotted." He informed you. One curse had red skin, five eyes, wings, and six legs. It looked rather small, maybe the average height of a four year old. The other, however, was huge and took up almost the entire screen. It was sitting on top of the warehouse roof, showing its yellow, dull teeth and big black eyes. The arms were stretching out to the side and it had to legs from what you could tell. It looked like its purple skin was coated with slim.

"The red one looks like a fourth grade, maybe even a third grade." You mused. "The other looks like it could possible be a second grade."

Fushiguro agreed to your statement and took the tablet away. "I'll head for the big one. You do the small one."

You immediately rejected the idea. "What? No way. I can handle a thing like that!" You argued back. "I got this, Fushiguro."

He side glanced at you. You swore you saw a dash of anger and worry in his eyes, but that was over as soon as it had appeared, making you think that your eyes were playing tricks on them.

Ijjichi stopped infront of the warehouse. "You two should know to be careful," He mumbled, recalling the incident. You waved him off, giving him the signal to lower the veil. Once done, he drove farther away from the cursed spot.

Megumi summoned his divine dog. You stared down at it, remembering the loss of the other. "Oh, I forgot. I'm sorry about the other dog."

"Nah, don't worry about it. I saved some of it and transfused them together." He nonchalantly said, watching the dog bark and run at the smaller curse. "Divine Dog should be able to handle the fourth grade. I'll call Nue to fly us to the big one."