Chapter 10

The wind rustled through your (H/C) locks, messing it up as you and Megumi walked through the school's yard in search of the cursed item your sensei, Gojo, sent you two to find.

It has been 5 months since the Night of a Hundred Demons. A few weeks after the incident, Yuta went overseas, like how Gojo told you. It was sad to see him go, but he said he would come back soon.

'Yeah, 'come back soon' my ass.'

You only met Megumi about 2 months ago. At first, he was closed off and aloof, making it hard to befriend him. But eventually, he started to get used to you, and you two made a great team.

"Look up," Megumi said, pointing to the pole on which an ugly curse was perched. You did so and clicked your toungue. "It's a second grade, at most. You think it has something to do with the cursed object?"

Megumi nodded, taking out his phone and fishing out the photo of the object Gojo sent him. "Its presence is too big...it might even be pointless sneaking into the school." You peeked over his shoulder, staring at the photo. "What a pain in the ass to do Gojo's work."

"Maybe we should close off the school..." You suggested. "Or maybe let's split up."

"Spliting up might be a good idea..." Megumi muttered. "Let's do that. What about the curse up there?"

You look up again at the thing. "Well, I can't reach it from down here, so just leave it for now and we'll excorsise it later."

Megumi nodded in understanding. "I'll go left, you take right. Call me if you find it."

You didn't answer and just walked away, waving him goodbye. He sighed and turned around as well, passing multiple cheery and happy-faced kids.

You wandered around the school aimlessly, looking at all the high schoolers playing baseball or sitting in the field watching. You sigh and pull up your hood, the Sun beating down on your face. It was quite a hot day today, almost nearing summertime. "I hope we get out summer clothes soon..."

Small curses waddled on the ground beside you, emitting low energy. You tapped them lightly on the heads when no one was looking and quickly burned them, turning them into nothing but dust. You sighed. It's a real pain finding this thing.

•••

"Found anything?" You called up Megumi after an hour of searching and coming up empty handed.

"No, I haven't found anything yet, either. But I did bump into this kid who might know where it is. I sensed its cursed energy."

"An average high schooler having a hold of the object? Unbelievable." You muttered.

"I know, but I did sense it, I could feel it. Meet me at the hospital in 10."

"The hospital? But why-" Before you could ask him anymore questions, he hung up. You huffed in annoyance and put your phone back in your pocket. "Why the hospital...?" You start to jog off of the school's grounds and made your way to the hospital.

The sun was setting when you entered the building and saw Megumi sitting in one of the waiting room chairs. "Megumi." You raised your hand to indicate you were here and he jumped up. Megumi nodded at you and gestured for you to follow him.

"So, the kid's supposed to be here?" You asked. "Supposedly. Or at least, that's what his friends said."

You both walked silently through the hallway until a man with pink hair and his back turned to you entered your line of vision. You paused. "That the boy?" Megumi nodded.